Check out these related products
- $11.73 List price $16.95Save $5.22
- $11.97 List price $17.95Save $5.98
- $11.37 List price $17.00Save $5.63
- $11.62 List price $17.00Save $5.38
- $12.43 List price $17.95Save $5.52
- $11.18 List price $16.00Save $4.82
- $14.80 Was $16.78Save $1.98
- $12.35 List price $17.00Save $4.65
- $12.85 Was $14.35Save $1.50
- $11.74 Was $13.88Save $2.14
- $12.38 List price $17.95Save $5.57
- $11.67 Was $12.46Save $0.79
About this item
About this item
WINNER OF THE 2013 PULITZER PRIZE FOR BIOGRAPHY
General Alex Dumas, is a man almost unknown today, yet his story is strikingly familiar--because his son, the novelist Alexandre Dumas, used his larger-than-life feats as inspiration for such classics as "The Count of Monte Cristo" and "The Three Musketeers."
But, hidden behind General Dumas's swashbuckling adventures was an even more incredible secret: he was the son of a black slave--who rose higher in the white world than any man of his race would before our own time.
Born in Saint-Domingue (now Haiti), Alex Dumas made his way to Paris, where he rose to command armies at the height of the Revolution--until he met an implacable enemy he could not defeat.
"TIME" magazine called "The Black Count" "one of those quintessentially human stories of strength and courage that sheds light on the historical moment that made it possible." It is also a heartbreaking story of the enduring bonds of love between a father and son.
|Number of Pages:||414|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $11.49 List price $20.00Save $8.51
- $24.93 List price $26.50Save $1.57
- $13.43 List price $19.95Save $6.52
- $10.96 List price $16.00Save $5.04