Check out these related products
- $14.49 List price $16.00Save $1.51
- $8.64 List price $14.00Save $5.36
- $8.99 List price $9.99Save $1.00
- $16.47 List price $24.99Save $8.52
- $14.22 List price $24.99Save $10.77
- $13.00 List price $14.95Save $1.95
- $10.72 List price $15.00Save $4.28
- $14.33 List price $24.95Save $10.62
Consider these popular products
- $12.33 List price $19.99Save $7.66
- $9.52 List price $15.99Save $6.47
- $9.59 List price $16.00Save $6.41
- $29.13 List price $39.99Save $10.86
- $9.28 Was $9.81Save $0.53
- $10.98 Was $12.68Save $1.70
- $6.81 Was $9.99Save $3.18
- $8.45 Was $9.95Save $1.50
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Open this book and you are in Door County, Wisconsin, strolling down Coot Lake Road--a one-lane, dead-end gravel track just a few miles from Baileys Harbor and the Lake Michigan shore. Along the way you meet George and Helen O'Malley, who are growing old gracefully. Russell, their brave and empathetic golden retriever, wags hello and offers you a paw to shake.
The Olsons and the Berges live just down the road. Bump Olson is the local septic tank pumper and birdwatcher extraordinaire, and Hans Berge, MD, PhD, was at one time the only Norwegian psychiatrist in Chicago--or so he says. In a cottage out by the highway, you may spot Lloyd Barnes, ex-Tennessee state trooper, hound fancier, and local man of mystery. Uncle Petter Sorenson, visiting from Grand Forks, takes the polar bear plunge at Jacksonport. Around the neighborhood you'll meet Deputy Doug, the flirtatious cellist Debbie Dombrowski, and Italian import Rosa Zamboni.
Dave Crehore's sketches of life on the Door peninsula also expound on:
- the delights of codfish pizza
- how to insult Canadians
- what to expect at your fiftieth high school reunion
- how to lose a school board election
- the prevention of creeping old-fogyism
- Marilyn, a buxom eight-pound smallmouth bass
- and what goes on in the winter, when no one is there.
|Number of Pages:||147|
|Publisher:||Univ of Wisconsin Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.25 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.