Check out these related products
- $36.93 List price $49.95Save $13.02
- $48.39 List price $59.95Save $11.56
- $51.24 List price $79.95Save $28.71
- $34.41 List price $49.95Save $15.54
- $54.21 List price $79.95Save $25.74
- $43.98 List price $59.95Save $15.97
- $38.18 List price $49.95Save $11.77
- $59.24 List price $79.95Save $20.71
- $34.19 List price $49.95Save $15.76
- $49.84 List price $69.95Save $20.11
- $10.68 List price $11.95Save $1.27
- $10.05 List price $11.95Save $1.90
- $49.72 List price $69.95Save $20.23
- $18.69 Was $20.85Save $2.16
- $9.13 List price $11.95Save $2.82
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Describing himself as a 'visual jackdaw', master designer Alan Fletcher has spent a lifetime collecting images, ideas, quotations, anecdotes, jokes, memories, reflections and scraps of useless information that take his fancy. In The Art of Looking Sideways, all this stuff is distilled into a quirky and highly entertaining feast for the eye and the mind. Loosely arranged in 72 'chapters', this book explores the workings of the eye, the hand, the brain and the imagination in a wonderfully inventive sequence of pages that are themselves masterly demonstrations of the art of design.
This book does not set out to teach lessons, but everybody who opens it will be captivated by Alan Fletcher's witty and inimitable exploration of such subjects as perception, colour, pattern, proportion, paradox, illusion, language, alphabets, words, letters, ideas, creativity, culture, style, aesthetics and value. The Art of Looking Sideways is the ultimate guide to visual awareness, a magical compilation that will entertain and inspire all those who enjoy the interplay of word and image, who relish the odd and the unexpected, and who don't like to take the visual world -- or themselves -- too seriously.
|Number of Pages:||533|
|Subject:||DESIGN , VISUAL COMMUNICATION|
|Publisher:||Phaidon Inc Ltd|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.50 x 9.75 x 2.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.