Check out these related products
- $10.50 Was $11.18Save $0.68
- $23.75 List price $30.60Save $6.85
- $13.10 List price $20.00Save $6.90
- $18.10 List price $19.99Save $1.89
- $24.19 List price $29.99Save $5.80
- $7.98 Was $8.95Save $0.97
- $5.29 List price $6.95Save $1.66
- $17.44 List price $20.00Save $2.56
- $13.44 List price $14.99Save $1.55
- $17.89 List price $24.99Save $7.10
- $32.03 List price $40.00Save $7.97
- $19.03 List price $27.99Save $8.96
- $13.49 List price $14.99Save $1.50
- $14.92 List price $25.99Save $11.07
- $9.87 List price $15.99Save $6.12
About this item
About this item
A stand-alone essay on the art of poetry, which originally appeared in the author's anthology The Best Poems of the English Language, offers a critical introduction to poetry that discusses such topics as poetic voice, allusion and metaphor, and the nature of poetic value. Original.
A paperback original, Bloom's stand-alone introduction to The Best Poems of the English Language.
A notable feature of Harold Bloom's poetry anthology The Best Poems English Language is his lengthy introductory essay, here reprinted as a separate book. For the first time Bloom gives his readers an elegant guide to reading poetry--a master critic's distillation of a lifetime of teaching and criticism. He tackles such subjects as poetic voice, the nature of metaphor and allusion, and the nature of poetic value itself. Bloom writes "the work of great poetry is to aid us to become free artists of ourselves." This essay is an invaluable guide to poetry.
This edition will also include a recommended reading list of poems.
|Number of Pages:||82|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 7.75 x 0.25 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $17.67 List price $25.99Save $8.32
- $17.47 List price $27.95Save $10.48
- $8.31 List price $12.95Save $4.64
- $10.40 Was $11.30Save $0.90