Check out these related products
- $11.36 Was $12.87Save $1.51
- $22.26 List price $27.50Save $5.24
- $10.00 List price $16.00Save $6.00
- $12.07 List price $17.00Save $4.93
- $10.64 Was $13.32Save $2.68
- $10.79 List price $16.00Save $5.21
- $8.45 List price $9.95Save $1.50
- $10.00 Was $11.86Save $1.86
- $13.32 List price $16.00Save $2.68
- $11.52 List price $17.95Save $6.43
- $9.87 List price $15.99Save $6.12
About this item
About this item
Assigned to locate land in the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma that can be purchased and converted into pig farms for his employer, Bob Dollar meets the residents of Woolybucket and comes to respect their fierce desire to retain their land.
From Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award winner Annie Proulx comes an exhilarating story brimming with language, history, landscape, music, and love.
Bob Dollar is a young man from Denver trying to make good in a bad world. Out of college and aimless, Dollar takes a job with Global Pork Rind, scouting out big spreads of land that can be converted to hog farms. Soon he's holed up in a two-bit Texas town called Woolybucket, where he settles into LaVon Fronk's old bunkhouse for fifty dollars a month, helps out at Cy Frease's Old Dog Cafe, and learns the hard way how vigorously the old Texas ranch owners will hold on to their land, even when their children want no part of it.
Robust, often bawdy, strikingly original, "That Old Ace in the Hole" traces the waves of change that have shaped the American West over the past century -- and in Bob Dollar, Proulx has created one of the most irrepressible characters in contemporary fiction."
|Number of Pages:||288|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $17.67 List price $25.99Save $8.32
- $17.47 List price $27.95Save $10.48
- $8.31 List price $12.95Save $4.64
- $10.40 Was $11.30Save $0.90