I have a confession! I have a 4yr old, a 3yr old and I am in the market for yet another KTM Strider Bike for my 9 month old for his up coming first birthday. Yes, that is my confession! I put my kids on these bikes on there first birthdays. I have incredibly tall kids. They learned to push the Strider bikes around before they could walk on there own. The Strider bikes are like attached to the two older kids. This has prepared them for their dirt bikes that they received on their second birthdays and they have had no problem learning to ride a pedal bike. (we left the training wheels on them because they have to learn to pedal. After that is mastered they come off. The training wheels on the dirt bike are treated the same. As soon as the throttle and break control are leaned the training wheels come off.) Yes, I recommend these bikes to everyone. I think I am going to have to invest in the 16" here soon for my super tall 4yr old that is the size of a 6yr old. But that is okay. He likes to ride the Strider better than the pedal bike anyway. We ride Orange and recommend everyone to ride something, even if you have not mastered walking yet! Yes they have fallen down and had major wipe-outs but it has also taught them to get up and get back on! Never quit.
Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years - Red
Arrives by Thu, Jan 23
Customer Review Snapshot
About This Item
- JOIN THE STRIDER FAMILY - Meet the bike that set the world on fire and revolutionized the way kids learn to ride. The 12 Sport is our all-around fun factory. Children as young as one are experiencing the thrill of riding without training wheels before they’re out of diapers.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - The seat and handlebar heights adjust to accommodate ages 18 months to 5 years, or a 12– 20 in. inseam (no tools required). The 12 Sport is perfect for future upgrades like a foot brake or heavy-duty tires.
- DESIGNED FOR YOUNG KIDS - Weighing in at only 3.0 kg (6.7 lbs.), the 12 Sport makes it easy for your child to ride and stride. Mini-grips mean your child’s little mitts can easily take control. This lean, mean, and durable bike gives you the biggest bang for your buck, which is probably why it’s our best seller.
- IT’S MORE THAN JUST A BIKE - Boring specs aside, this is the bike that introduces kids to the freedom, power, and responsibility of riding. Now they have the power to keep up with you when you’re out and about. No more strollers or those ridiculous kid leashes. Your child can experience the amazing freedom that comes with being a part of the Strider family.
- YEARS OF FUN - We know kids put things through rigorous…*ahem*…testing. With the 12 Sport's durable steel frame and puncture-proof tires, you don't have to worry about damage or maintenance and have a child’s bike they won’t outgrow in a few months.
proposition 65 reasons:WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Adjustable Handlebar Height
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
28.25 x 6.50 x 12.25 Inches
14 months old!
We bought the bike for Christmas less than 1 month ago my son is 14 months old and is just starting to get the hang of it, as soon as my son wakes up it is the first thing he goes to play with. I really thought it would be a few months before he could hold it up and go by himself but it took less than a month, can't wait for the next warm day to head outdoors with it! Love it!
Love this bike
My 6year old has been trying to learn to ride a bike with training wheels for a several years now. He hasn't been able to get the peddling down so he kept getting frustrated. So I started researching other options and learned about Strider bikes. He actually enjoys learning to ride a bike again! And the customer service, I must say is AMAZING! The rims for the bike were both bent due to rough handling during shipment, I contacted the company and they were fast at getting me replacements.
Durability through the years AND tough boy beating
We bought a pair of the Yamaha Strider Prebikes for our twin boys when they were 1.5 years old. They are now 5. The bikes and the wheels have been through numerous BMX dirt & concrete track rides, through 3 Strider World Championship practice and races, rode in the ocean, on the beach in the sand, in the rain, mud, you name it. They have a little character surface rust on the seat stem that is most likely due to the salt water. These bikes have been beat up!!! One of the seats has a tiny rip on the side from a wreck. At 5 years the Striders are still used even though they are already on the BMX track on pedal bikes. My boys decide between their bikes depending on their mood. A GREAT investment!!! I have many friends who have bought off brand no pedal bikes and their children never took to riding. My opinion is because of quality. If the wheels do not free spin then a glide is never attained and a stride is not made. Ive seen one child go from an off brand and not interested in riding to a Strider and TAKE OFF! Strider PreBikes are the only prebikes that I have seen work. The Strider community is really a true family. My boys are growing too old for the next World Championship and it is a part of our lives that we will dearly miss. People at Strider HQ (who live across the US from us) know our names, our stories, our family. Let me tell you about the Strider World Championship. NO - it is not about competing. Its about getting our children back outside to PLAY! Its about family barbeques, about getting a TON of people from all over the WORLD with one focus; play. Its about getting out for fun family outings, dinners and beach parties. There is a race and there are trophies, but what my children have learned is compassion. My son stopped as a little boy fell in front of him. He helped this poor crying child up, gave him a hug and sat there in a hug position until a parent came. Then, my son finished his race and came to me and said, "Mommy, I WON!" Yes! Yes, you absolutely won!
You can't go wrong with this bike
We bought this originally for our 18 month old awhile back. After he perfected it he was on to a pedal bike at 4 years old (with no training wheels)! And good thing he was, because his little brother kept taking the bike to ride himself. Now I have my 2 year old on it and our 4 year old on a pedal bike. We are firm believes in what STRIDER is doing and highly recommend it to every parent/toddler.