Similar items in stock
- $249.99 List price $270.00Save $20.01
- Rollback$39.99 Was $49.92Save $9.93
- Rollback$154.99 Was $279.00Save $124.01
- Rollback$99.99 Was $149.99Save $50.00
- Reduced Pricefrom $11.33
- Reduced Price
- Rollback$0.99 Was $6.99Save $6.00
Customers also bought these products
- Reduced Price
- Clearance$23.99 List price $99.99Save $76.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S III
Explore this item
|Cell Phone Service Provider:||Straight Talk Wireless|
|Size:||5.38"L x 2.78"W x 0.34"H|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||S960L|
|Contained Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Container Type:||MOLDED TRAY IN BOX|
|Connector Type:||1 x Micro-SD|
|Number of Megapixels:||8 Megapixel|
|Mobile Operating System:||Android|
|Talk Time:||8 hours|
|Features:||Music Player , Bluetooth , Camera , Full Web Browsers , GPS , Dual Band , Wi-fi Ready|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 Inches|
No long distance or roaming charges
No contracts, no bills and no credit checks
International Calling to over 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India and in other countries
Low monthly cost and no hidden fees
Nationwide 24/7/365 service
Unlimited nationwide voicemail, caller ID, 3 way calling, call waiting, call forwarding, 911 and 411
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- This specific product uses Sprint coverage. The Samsung S III has two model numbers on the Walmart site: S960L and S968C. Any phone option you choose that has a model number containing '960' will be a Sprint phone, while the same is true of '968' for Verizon.by CommunityAnswer12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (14) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I agree with decopatty that the map on the box will also be a clue. A red map on the right bottom corner opposite the "CDMA-V" that is in rectangle on the left bottom corner will indicate that it is the Verizon version. And a blue map opposite the "LTE-S" will indicate (in the case of the SIII) the Sprint version. HOWEVER, when ordering here online at Walmart, you obviously can't see the box nor does Walmart show any images of the box so please refer to my explanation in the first post at the bottom of this thread when ordering online.by richardarr12/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There should be red map of the US for Verizon on the packaging.by decopatty12/4/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Penny, when ordering, make note of the model number. The SIII on THIS page has the model number of S960L and will use the Sprint native network. It is a true 4G LTE phone and will have very fast data/internet speeds when in a Sprint LTE coverage area. The SIII that uses Verizon will have the model number of S968C and will be limited to 3G data/internet speeds. If you are ordering from Walmart.com, look towards the bottom of the page under the title "Specifications" and you will see a "Model No.:" listed. If the model number has "960" embedded anywhere within the model number sequence, it will be the Sprint version. If the model number has the numbers "968" embedded anywhere within the sequence, it will be the Verizon version. Take a look at the bottom of this page and do you see the "S960L" listed the "Model No." notation? It has "960" so it will be the Sprint version. If you go to this page where the Verizon version is sold, you will see "STSAS968CWTPWP" listed for the "Model No." (copy-and-paste): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Prepaid-Cell-Phone-White/29010048 Do you see the "968" embedded in the sequence following "Model No."? (If you are in a Walmart store that happens to have both phones in stock on the shelves, in the left bottom corner within a small rectangle, you will see a code which will be either CDMA-V for the Verizon version or LTE-S for the Sprint version)by richardarr12/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (25) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This Straight Talk phone uses the Sprint network.by CommunityAnswer12/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Again, the SIII featured on THIS page uses the SPRINT native network. If you want the Verizon version of this phone, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PAGE!! Instead, go to this page (copy-and-paste): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Prepaid-Cell-Phone-White/29010048 The Verizon version is currently only offered in White. The Sprint version is currently offered in both White and Pebble Blue. Check the model number carefully: The Verizon versions will have "968" embedded somewhere in the model number. The Verizon versions will be limited to 3G data speeds. The Sprint versions will have "960" embedded somewhere in the model number. The Sprint versions will be true 4G LTE phones. Again, if you want the SIII on Straight Talk to use VERIZON, do not order from this page.by richardarr12/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yep, and it works pretty well. I have no complaints.by Kansasgirl201412/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, if you purchase the phone featured on THIS page, the S960L, it will use the Sprint native network. This phone is a true 4G LTE phone so if you have access to Sprint LTE, it will have very fast internet/data speeds. If you want the Verizon version of this phone on Straight Talk, DO NOT ORDER THE PHONE FROM THIS PAGE!!! The Verizon version of the SIII has the model number of S968C and currently is only available in White. Caution: the Verizon version is 3G only and will NOT have access to Verizon's 4G LTE network. If you'd like to order the Verizon version of the Straight Talk SIII in White, go to this page (copy-and-paste): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Prepaid-Cell-Phone-White/29010048by richardarr12/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It varies. I got this phone for Black Friday online. Straight Talk staff told me it would run on Verizon (I called before I got the phone, and then when I got it I call again and gave them the ESN to verify it). I transferred my number and minutes over to it and had instant regret. Poor signal, internet was slower than dial up speeds! A tech guy at my work looked at the build number in the menu of the phone and was able to somehow find online that it was working off sprint based on that build number. A good friend of mine got the same phone, same price, at black friday but got it in a store about an hour from our home. His is running off Verizon and he has no trouble out of it. I would suggest buying it in-store nearby. Chances are, your walmart won't sell it if it doesn't work in your area. I wont be ordering anymore phones off walmart.com and i definitely don't trust the advice/information from the employees at Straight Talk. I got my money back for the SIII and switched back to my old phone.by mcgheeii7312/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Again, for those reading this question, be careful when ordering a Straight Talk SIII as there are TWO versions. This one is on SPRINT and is a true 4G LTE phone. This phone's model number is S960L or will have the code on its box LTE-S. The one that runs on Verizon has the model number of S968C ...is CDMA and runs on Verizon but will be limited to 3G speeds. If you are order the phone featured on this page, it will be Sprint powered. If you can't determine for sure what the model number may be, the Verizon version will make no reference to being LTE where the Sprint version will.by richardarr12/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is CDMA. Runs on Verizon.by MOandroiduser12/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- troy, this particular phone is the S960L and will be on the Sprint network. It is true 4G LTE. Straight Talk has another version of the S III that does run on Verizon but is limited to 3G only. Currently, it is priced $100 more than this phone at $399 and the model number is S968C. You can find the Verizon version (S968C) here (copy-and-paste): for the white model: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Prepaid-Cell-Phone-White/29010048 for the pebble blue model: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Prepaid-Cell-Phone-Blue/29010041 Straight Talk does not have an S III on T-Mobile. However, the new Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 does use T-Mobile.by richardarr12/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- Rollback$59.99 Was $79.00Save $19.01
- Rollback$129.99 Was $149.00Save $19.01
- Rollback$129.99 Was $149.99Save $20.00
- Rollback$59.99 Was $79.99Save $20.00
- $39.99 Was $59.99Save $20.00
- Rollback$29.99 Was $49.92Save $19.93
- Rollback$39.99 Was $59.99Save $20.00
- Rollback$79.99 Was $99.99Save $20.00
- Rollback$79.99 Was $99.00Save $19.01