Check out these related products
- $14.00 List price $17.99Save $3.99
- $12.17 Was $13.00Save $0.83
- $11.98 List price $16.00Save $4.02
- $10.94 List price $15.00Save $4.06
- $10.38 List price $14.99Save $4.61
- $11.16 Was $12.22Save $1.06
- $12.88 List price $16.00Save $3.12
- $13.37 List price $16.00Save $2.63
- $14.24 List price $15.95Save $1.71
- $13.93 List price $16.95Save $3.02
- $14.91 List price $17.00Save $2.09
About this item
About this item
This examination of the special problems of stepmothers explores the entire range of anxieties and conflicts associated with this problematical--and increasingly common--role, including relating to stepchildren, housework, money, and sex.
Journalist Cherie Burns, herself a stepmom of two, probes the issues that face 15 million stepmoms. Based on the latest research and interviews with expert therapists and dozens of stepmoms, this empathetic guide tackles such thorny problems as coping with expectations and guilt; communicating with "the wicked ex-wife" or the remarried ex-wife; disciplining stepkids; handling vacations, holidays, and family gatherings; bringing a new baby into the blended family; and when to seek therapy for larger problems.
A new introduction reflects on the social changes in the last 15 years since the first edition of the book -- including the upward trend in stepfamilies -- and a resource section guides readers to helpful websites.
|Number of Pages:||252|
|Subject:||FAMILY_UNITED STATES , STEPFAMILIES , STEPMOTHERS|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question