Check out these related products
- $15.58 Was $17.88Save $2.30
- $11.04 List price $14.95Save $3.91
- $9.37 List price $14.95Save $5.58
- $9.43 List price $14.95Save $5.52
- $8.44 List price $14.95Save $6.51
- $25.64 List price $34.95Save $9.31
- $13.09 Was $14.79Save $1.70
- $16.47 List price $24.95Save $8.48
About this item
About this item
An American Buddhist nun explains how to become compassionate and fearless by accepting the pain in individual lives in their present state through the study of fifty-nine traditional Tibetan Buddhist sayings.
This is a beautiful, gift book edition (with a ribbon marker) of a modern-day classic. "Start Where You Are " is an indispensable handbook for cultivating fearlessness and awakening a compassionate heart. With insight and humor, Pema Chodron, author of "The Wisdom of No Escape "and "When Things Fall Apart, "presents down-to-earth guidance on how to make friends with ourselves and develop genuine compassion toward others. The author shows how we can "start where we are" by embracing rather than denying the painful aspects of our lives. Pema Chodron frames her teachings on compassion around fifty-nine traditional Tibetan Buddhist maxims, or slogans, such as:
- "Always apply a joyful state of mind"
- "Don't seek others' pain as the limbs of your own happiness"
- "Always meditate on whatever provokes resentment"
Working with these slogans and through the practice of meditation, "Start Where You Are "shows how we can all develop the courage to work with our own inner pain and discover joy, well-being, and confidence.
|Number of Pages:||240|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Series Title:||Shambhala Library|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.50 x 7.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $12.69 List price $17.95Save $5.26
- $19.55 List price $27.99Save $8.44
- $16.85 List price $25.00Save $8.15
- $16.01 List price $24.95Save $8.94