Customers also considered
- Reduced Price$17.58 List price $19.99Save $2.41
- $12.31 Was $17.00Save $4.69
- Reduced Price$9.17 List price $9.99Save $0.82
- Reduced Price$27.00 List price $39.99Save $12.99
- $15.98 Was $19.95Save $3.97
- Reduced Price$23.46 List price $29.99Save $6.53
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's 1998 hit StarCraft, which has been hailed by players and critics worldwide as one of the top real-time strategy games of all time. Sporting a vibrant 3D-graphics engine, StarCraft II once again centers on the clash between the protoss, terrans, and zerg, with each side deploying legions of veteran, upgraded, and new unit types. Unparalleled online play for StarCraft II is available through a new version of Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment's world-renowned gaming service. Battle.net has been redesigned from the ground up to be the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard gamers, with several enhancements and new features, such as voice communication, cloud file storage, leagues and ladders, achievements, stat-tracking, and more.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game.
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg.
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race.
- Groundbreaking single-player campaign.
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes.
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net.
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Blood and Gore, Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco, and Violence
|Video Game Collection:||Starcraft|
|Age Range:||12 Years & Up|
|System Requirements:|| Required: |
OS: Windows 7, Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard"
CPU: Clock speed (GHz), Primary (Intel): 2.5 GHz, Clock speed (GHz), Secondary (AMD): 2.5 GHz, AMD K7 - Athlon XP (Model: 1500-3200), Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 1 GB
Disk Space: 12 GB
Graphics: Video card memory : 128 MB, ATI 9000 series, nVidia GeForce 6 series
Direct X: 9.0c
CPU: Clock speed (GHz), Primary (Intel): 2.3 GHz or higher, Intel Pentium Dual-Core or higher
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics: Video card memory : 512 MB or higher, ATI X1500 series or higher, nVidia GeForce 8 series or higher
|Genre:||Strategy & Role-Playing|
|Required Peripherals:||Keyboard , Mouse / Track Ball|
|Video Game Genre:||Strategy / tactics / wargame - real time|
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||PC|
|Compatible Devices:||Desktop Computers|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||72838|
|Subgenre:||Real Time Strategy|
|Container Type:||PACKAGE NOT AVAILABLE|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 5.00 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. this version of $58.54 gives you onli six months of battle.net account or is a lifetime account???
- Lifetime. At least until they drop support. W/out constant Internet connection though you can't even play single player. So when they drop support, they'll either have to patch it to play offline or the game becomes worthless at that point.by VeilLord12/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Battlernet doesn't charge for access to thier servers. Well they haven't charged me anything yet, and I have had an active account for almost 8yrs.by Criterion3/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Lifetime. It is not a pay to play.by Foxknight11/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Your battle.net is a lifetime account that you can connect multiple games to including the Warcraft series and Diablo.by Hanyouchris3/29/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- When you Buy starcraft 2 you get a Full membership to your game. no need to buy extra. all you have to do is submit your product key to www.battle.net and then you are free to playby Ookami3822/16/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's a lifetime account. You now link all the blizzard games you own to that battle.net account.by Fully12/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- battle.net is free for starcraft 2 (as it was for the original). You just buy the game and register the key at battle.net. You create an account and start playing.by rg0068/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Lifetime accountby Oldman11518/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Lifetime accountby Gamer2238/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- battle.net is a lifetime account when you set it up for starcraft 2 or other Blizzard games!!!by starcraftkid11/16/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. i play halo and other first person shooter games, i'm not sure if i should invest in a PC game since i play xbox 360. Should i buy?
- If your use to Xbox you might find the PC vesion a let down. Requires internet connection and this is from a recent review on Amazon. I bought this game as a preorder [Full Version box set]. I went through the annoying system of creating a Battlenet account to play the Solo version of the game. For a long time I would play with no more hassles than the occasional server down time [makes a solo play part useless]. Well today Blizzard has REEVALUATED the product decieding it is a STARTER version ,and has removed Solo play alltogether. As well as haveing limits on Player vs Player play. All I need do is BUY another game to get access to what I PREORDED in the fist place. Since they can make you pay AGAIN ,for what you bought when ever they deem I suggest you avoid ALL BLIZZARD games.by Criterion8/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you like Real-Time Strategy you should.by Foxknight11/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This game is more of a strategy type, not anything close to being a first person shooter. If you are only interested in fps games then I would not recommend SC2by Hanyouchris3/29/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you get a good enough computer, you can pretty much play all the same games (except 360 exclusives, of course) but with better framerates, resolution, graphics, and loading times. You could also install user made mods which can make games so much more fun. Plus Steam has sales on games all the time, so you could probably save some money on games.by jeremytodd21/13/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- if you have an up to date pc with very strong graphic cards and alot of memory and hard drive with a strong processor then get the game youll love itby rpprincess198110/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you really liked halo wars, then you will probably like this game. However, you need to spend some money to have a good computer to run this game. If you just have a base computer with a triple or quad core, you may have to update your RAM to 4 or 6 gbs, and you might need a better graphics card (+ or - $200).by rg00612/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have played fisrt person shooter games on Nintendos and Xbox. Starcraft II is an entirely different experience as it require more of different strategies. If you like strategy it is a great game. Make sure your computer can handle it. I would not recommend running on minmum PC requirements.by Oldman11518/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Starcraft 2 is not a first person shooter. Its a strategy game so it is more like Halo wars. If youre going to purchase a pc game try something like fall out.by creid877/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Do you have to have internet to play single player mode? A friend was telling me that you did and I didnt think that sounded right...
- YES, and YES. to access solo online you need online access. They have OFF Line solo play but recently have blocked that, and require an additional perchase to open what WAS origonally part of the package.by Criterion3/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not believe you do. Diablo 3 you will need internet to play.by Foxknight11/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You have to create a battle.net account which requires an Internet connection and you need to login to the game atleast once to be able to use the 'offline mode'.by MattL5448/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you don't have to have internet to play the single player mode. It will make the game more enjoyable if you do for multiplayer and achievement points.by Fully8/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you have to be online to down load the game and to sign into the game you even need a battle.net account to play itby rpprincess19818/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You do... It doesn't make since but you have to log into your battle.net account in order to play.by creid878/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Unfortunatly your friend is right.... this game requires a internet connection to play. You have to create a account with Battle.net before you can even play, and you have to login to Battle.net everytime you start up the game just to get to the single player screen.by Reaper278/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no you dont need the net to play singel player some times it hassels me about logging in to my b net account but if you just sign in as a visitor youll get in to play against comp or story.by leonyojimbo8/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$9.17 List price $9.99Save $0.82