After months of looking around for a swing set for our almost 2 year old son (and one on the way!), we decided on this one for the value, ease of assembly, and amount of activities offered. My son is EXTREMELY active (doesn't sit still even in his sleep!) and I knew the basic swing/slide combos would bore him quickly. We had narrowed it down to this one and one that had a trampoline attached, but I liked this one for the uniqueness of the rocking horse and flying saucer. After checking it out in the store, we went ahead and purchased it, one of the best decisions we ever made!!! It took my husband 4-5 hours to put it together by himself - he said the only part that was problematic was that the slide was a bit of a pain to put together, otherwise it went together pretty easily without any problems (just a little time consuming, but not nearly as much as the wooden sets!) - the person who commented about not tightening bolts until the very end must have not read the instructions too well, because it repeats that step over and over again throughout. Once together, it has provided my son with hours and hours of fun!!!! We replaced one of the swings with a toddler swing, which was really easy to do (you will have to buy separate eye bolts if you do that as the ones they have connected to the swings don't really come off), though we have since discovered that even at 2, he can do pretty well on the other regular swing (I think it helps that it's made of hard plastic - not the bendy kind - and sits decently low to the ground), and he LOVES the rocking horse - he stares out our kitchen window longingly saying "horse! horse! horse!" - it's definately his favorite part of the set! And when he wants to go on the flying saucer, he says "sleep!" because at 23 months, he's small enough that he can lay down and stretch out in it and he thinks it's pretty funny to close his eyes and pretend to sleep (it's kind of like a kiddie hammock for him!). Even the slide, which I was nervous about him being able to get up it himself, he climbs the ladder like an expert with no problems! He's not a big fan of the glider yet, but I think that's still a little too big for him yet. He never comes inside willingly, I always have to plan outside time to come to an end right before a mealtime or some other event and resort to bribery to get him to stop playing for a while! Would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for a great swing set, and you definately can't beat the price for all the fun you get! ...though don't forget to buy an anchor kit if you're not planning on cementing the poles into the ground.
Sportspower Outdoor Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set with 6ft Heavy Duty Slide, Saucer Swing, and Rocking Horse
Arrives by Fri, Feb 28
Ships to Sterling, 45415 Dulles Crossing Plz
About This Item
Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set:
- Kids benefit from frequent physical activity and exercise
- You benefit from knowing the kids are secure in your own backyard
- Features 5 activities that can keep up to 8 kids busy at the same time
- Offers a great value in outdoor play for the whole summer
- Swings: Develops and improves coordination and motor planning with additional benefits of core control and upper body strengthening as kids focus on swinging with their legs, core, and arms.
- Slides: The slide ladders strengthen the lower body as kids climb up to the slide and kids develop a sense of balance and coordination as they get ready to slide down.
- Made with 2" heavy-duty, weather-resistant, steel tubes and hardware for durability
- Powder coated paint finish
- Swing chains are height adjustable
- Ideal for medium to large backyards
- Dimensions: 221"L x 102.25"W x 72.225"H
- 2 blow molded swings
- 2-person roman glider
- Blow-molded rocking horse
- 6' double-walled wave slide
- 2-person flying saucer
- Owner's manual comes complete with images and hardware diagrams to make assembly easy
- Components are pre-drilled
- Hardware is included
- 2 adults are recommended for assembly
- Assembly takes approximately 2.5 hours
- Anchoring set is not included with this swing set, but it is recommended that you anchor the swing set for additional stability and safety
- Swing sets should always be assembled on a secure, level, outdoor surface away from fences, trees, branches or other items with potentially dangerous protrusions
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 100 lbs per user with a maximum of 8 users for a total maximum weight capacity of 800 lbs
Tools Needed (Not Included):
- 7/16" and 1/2" fixed and adjustable wrenches
- Phillips and flat head screwdrivers
- Allen wrench
- Knife and utility knife
- Tape measure
- Hammer or mallet
Maintenance, Care & Warranty:
- Owner's manual outlines ongoing maintenance needs to keep swing set in optimal operating condition
- 180-day limited warranty
For questions about this swing set, please call Sportspower at 1-800-762-4533
proposition 65 reasons:This California Proposition 65 warning is ONLY for residents of California. California Prop 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause malignant neoplasms and/or reproductive toxicity. Do not allow infants to chew on the product as this may lead to exposure. For more information, please contact customer service.
This California Proposition 65 warning is ONLY for residents of California. California Prop 65 This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause malignant neoplasms and/or reproductive toxicity. Do not allow infants to chew on the product as this may lead to exposure. For more information, please contact customer service. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Height Adjustable Swing Chains, 5 Activities, Power Coated Paint Finish
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
221.00 x 102.25 x 72.25 Inches
Just got this for my grandkids. box was in horrible shape on pick up parts falling out I was scared parts was going to be missing ,but everything was there except 1 nut I went to the hardware store and got. My son put it together solo the horse took almost as long as putting up the swing it's self. It took about 7 hours altogether. No c/o on the swing it's study and my grandkids love it don't think it was any problems with the holes and screws. Glad I brought this one I had looked around for a few weeks and read reviews and settled on this one.
Would buy again
For the price you get a lot of swing set. Plenty sturdy for young kids under 7-8. Some of the parts were wrong or mislabeled. Had to make more than one trip to the hardware store. Took us a week to put it together since stuff kept going wrong, but all in all it's a good swingset. Fix the parts problems and I would give it 5 stars. It would also be nice if the bolts that anchor the swing seats to the frame were made to change out the swing. We had to go buy separate bolts to attach our baby swing.
My family was beyond thrilled to finally purchase a swingset. After doing my research, I decided this would be the best option for our family members. The instructions clearly stated it would take approximately 2 1/2 hours to complete the assembly, being very capable carpenters - we thought that this would be no problem... boy we're we be disappointed. A large number of pieces did not have the proper hole ailment which would not allow our screws and bolts to be assembled. One of saucer chains was not threaded (which does not allow it to be assembled). The screws for the slide are way to short, not even long enough to go through the connecting pieces, let alone put a nut on the end to secure it in place. There were so many issues with assembly that it took us 7hours to do our best to correct issues and complete it!!!! What a disappointment. The entire day was gone and the kids had maybe 20 minutes to play on a particularly assembled play set. I now have to contact the manufacturer.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.