About This Item
Refined for extraordinary image capture control and quality, the a7 III has everything you need. An entirely renewed image sensor and image processing system further enhance image quality. Improved overall AF performance, high-speed continuous 10fps shooting, 4K movie recording capability, and operability that has been dramatically upgraded from the a7 II allow you to capture more decisive moments.
24.2MP BSI Full-frame Image Sensor
The newly developed 24.2MP back-illuminated 35mm full-frame Exmor R CMOS image sensor is paired with a front-end LSI that effectively doubles the readout speed of the image sensor, as well as an updated BIONZ X processing-engine that boosts processing speed by approximately 1.8 times compared to the a7 II. This results in high sensitivity with low-noise performance and wide 15-stop dynamic range. It also has the ability to output 14 bit RAW format even when shooting in silent or continuous mode.
Up to 10fps with Silent or Mechanical Shutter
The a7 III is equipped with a refined image processing system that allows it to capture full 24.2MP images at up to 10 fps with continuous and accurate AF/AE (autofocus and auto exposure) tracking for up to 177 Standard JPEG images, 89 compressed RAW images or 40 uncompressed RAW images. This high speed 10 fps mode is available with either a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter for completely silent shooting. The a7 III can also shoot continuously at up to 8 fps in live view mode with minimal lag in the high-contrast 2.36-million dot OLED electronic viewfinder or 3-inch 922K-dot tiltable touch LCD screen.
4K full frame HDR Movie
High-resolution full-frame 4K movies with full-pixel readout without pixel binning that condenses approximately 2.4 times the amount of data required for 4K movies results in minimal moiré and jaggies. Advanced image processing makes it possible to record full-frame 4K movies with outstanding image quality in the mid-to-high ISO range, so you make the most of the 4K movie format's unique potential in every shot.
High-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder
Providing high resolution and contrast, plus the excellent gradation and color reproduction that are advantages of OLED viewfinders, this approximately 2359K-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder faithfully depicts images with clear corner-to-corner visibility. Magnification is 0.78x. ZEISS T* coating greatly reduces obtrusive lens reflection on the ocular lens.
5-axis In-body Image Stabilization
The 5-axis in-body SteadyShot image stabilization system has been fine-tuned to support high-resolution shooting capacity, resulting in an IS system at 5-step shutter speed advantage. Camera shake is effectively compensated on 5 axes: pitch and yaw that have the largest overall impact on image quality; X and Y shift that is most apparent at high magnification, and roll that can ruin night shots and movies. Stabilization is applied to the live-view image, making it easier to frame fast-moving subjects. Effective stabilization is provided for movies as well as stills, and for A-mount lenses attached via a mount adapter.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sony Alpha a7 III Full Frame Mirrorless Camera with 28-70mm Lens, Koah Shotgun Video Microphone Professional On-Camera Mic, SanDisk Ultra 128GB SD Card, The Corel Photo, Video, and Art Suite Deluxe v.3.0, Koah PRO Sony NP-FZ100 Two-Pack Rechargeable 2000mAh Battery and Dual Charger, Vanguard Havana 21 DSLR Shoulder Gadget Bag, Professional Cleaning and Accessory Kit, and Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Aluminum Alloy Tripod with Ball Head
- FEATURES: With the newly developed 24.2MP back-illuminated 35mm full-frame Exmor R CMOS image sensor, paired with a front-end LSI and backed by BIONZ X processing engine, the a7 III refines extraordinary image capture control and quality. It's also paired with the FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens.
- 4K FULL FRAME HDR: High-resolution full-frame 4K movies with full-pixel readout without pixel binning that condenses approximately 2.4 times the amount of data required for 4K movies results in minimal moiré and jaggies.
- HYBRID AUTO FOCUS: The a7 III features a world class autofocus system consisting of 693 focal-plane phase-detection AF points that cover approximately 93% of the image area, 425 contrast AF points and reliable Eye-AF. When combined, both contrast and phase detection AF points form the 4D FOCUS hybrid AF system for wide, fast, reliable AF that locks on and stays locked on.
- SONY AUTHORIZED DEALER: Includes USA Manufacturer Warranty
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question