Easy to use and set up. I used a few YouTube videos for helping with explaining each setting. The only thing that doesn't make sense and will hopefully be fixed in future updates is the human and animal eye recognition. You have to go in manually to specify which one your getting ready to photograph each time. It would be nice just to point at either and the camera automatically knows which is which. Animals and children wont wait for you to fumble your way through the menu to set the human or animal setting. Other then that so far it's a great camera with stunning photos.
About This Item
- Unparalleled AF performance is the key to beautiful shots: Fast and accurate autofocus lets you capture fleeting moments in stunning detail thanks to a combination of innovative technologies. A total of 425 phase-detection AF points work in conjunction with contrast-detection AF to achieve a remarkable 0.02 sec speed while High-density AF Tracking Technology follows even erratically moving subjects.
- More accurate autofocus in dim lighting: Highly accurate autofocus is now possible even in dark settings thanks to advances in the AF algorithm. With this model the lower limit on the AF detection brightness range has been reduced to EV-2 when in AF-S mode.
- AF in Focus Magnifier for finer focus adjustment: When extra-accurate autofocus is called for such as when youre taking macro shots you can display a magnified view of the general area you want to focus on then finely adjust the exact point of focus in the viewfinder or on the LCD screen.
- Enhanced Real-time Eye AF supports portrait shooting: Real-time Eye AF detects and autofocuses on the eyes of your subjects when you half-press the shutter.
- Easier manual focus with an improved peaking function: The cameras peaking function color-highlights the most sharply focused section of the entire image area when youre using manual focus. Blue has now been added to the displays other peaking colors (red yellow and white) to improve the visibility of the focus peak areas when youre doing the delicate focusing required for macro or portrait shooting.
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
6.20 x 9.20 x 4.55 Inches
Fantastic first Mirrorless
The Sony a6400 takes a bit of time to learn up front but once you are acquainted it is a powerful tool to bring your photography game to the next level.
Awesome specs and quality is crispy af
when i bought this it was sort of an adventurous move but after using it i really loved how crispy it is like wow, thanks sony
Crystal Clear Consistency
Switch from Nikon 5300 to Sony a6400 was in comparison a night and day difference in quality when it came to the percentage of clear photos against slightly blurry photos. With the Nikon it was like gambling to get 50% satisfaction to an almost a 100% clear photos with the Sony a6400.
As a professional producer and promoter of events I need to be able to trust the camera to make great decisions using AUTO mode as things fly by during an event. The Sony a6400 gave me the kind of results I could depend on for television and marketing purposes. I am super satisfied!
Great camera for Youtube!!
I bought this camera for youtube and it's fabulous!!
Really fast AF and flip screen is best !!
Its a so clear and beautiful awesome camera
This is my first camera but really cool!
I strongly recommended.
I love all the features in the camera. Photos and videos are high quality.
The a6400 is my first ever Sony camera. I used to be a Canon user but decided to make the switch because Sony had what I wanted. I picked the camera up on its release day and I absolutely love it. Super fast eye autofocus is what got me really excited. The flip screen is great but I don't find myself using it as much as I am always the one behind the camera. This camera is awesome for both stills and video!
Finally something that I can move to from my DSLR
Love the size and weight. I had a a6000 but it couldn't match my DSLR for focus speed and tracking. Now, this is as good, maybe better. The usability of the bigger camera is still better due to the size, but this will be my new go to camera, especially for travel.
Loving the 6400 but I have a few minor complaints
I bought the Sony Alpha 6400 with the 16-50mm lens. It is very portable, super light, fits in my pockets and does ALMOST everything I want it to do. It has THE MOST AMAZING, BEST IN THE WORLD AUTO FOCUS! Very clear, pretty shots (you will need better lenses later on, as the 16-50mm kit lens is not very good in low light situations), the 4K and 1080p video options are awesome. This Alpha 6400 does NOT have in body stabilization, so buy a gimbal or use Sony OSS lenses to help with hand held video recording or else your videos will be shaky. I also wish I could articulate the built in flash to stay in one position like facing up to bounce the flash light off the ceiling, I can use my finger to pull it back and up but if my finger covers the EVF (electronic view finder), the EVF will kick in and I cannot see my shot on the touchscreen anymore.
I am sad I have to buy a cage to fit an external microphone a few slots over because placing anything on the hot shoe will block the video screen that flips up for selfies. Sony definitely needs to address this issue on the next camera so that the video screen flips out like with the Canon and Panasonic cameras, but I can live with a small rig cage accessory on my camera when I go vlogging with this. Also, I would like USB-C instead of micro-USB, no real excuse not to include USB-C in 2019. I am very excited to have this camera with me. Good job, Sony!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question