Bought this to install in a 1980 International Scout and it fit perfectly. The multitude of screen adjustments make it look like it was designed for the old truck. CarPlay is awesome. The size of the screen surpasses most factory screens in new cars. T.he only complaint is it didn't ship with a single DIN mount chassis. Found one online and problem solved.
About This Item
- Bluetooth capabilities so you can stream your personal music library
- Immersive audio with 4 x 55 watt amplification
- Connect with Siri Eyes Free to manage your music, navigation, text messages, and more with Apple CarPlay
- Navigate with Siri with Apple CarPlay or with Android Auto
- Includes voice control for Android, which helps you to get directions, send messages, and play tracks
- Plug in your smartphone, memory device, or MP3 player through the USB or AUX cables
- Dynamic Reality Amp 2 reduces external noise
- EXTRABASS brings out the deep low frequencies in your music, and EQ5 Advanced helps you to adjust your frequency
- 3 pre outs allow you to connect additional amplifiers
- Smart touch screen with large icons, along with customizable color schemes
- Connects to your rear view camera feed
- Plays PCM/MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 9.96 x 9.02 x 5.35 inches
- Weight: 5.29 pounds
- Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
|Global Product Type|
5\", 8\", 9\"
|Number of Customer Ratings|
Digital player, Radio tuner, LCD display, Amplifier
Sony 8.95 Inch Single DIN Touch Screen LCD Media Bluetooth Stereo Radio Receiver
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Maximum Watts Per Channel|
55 Watts x 4
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
9.96 x 9.02 x 5.35 Inches
Retrofit to old truck
Missing key features
Screen catches a lot of glare. Can only store one phone Bluetooth profile. Does Sony not know that more than one person might own a car thus wanting more than one phone to be able to connect to Bluetooth? In other words - my wife's phone is synced to the receiver. If I'm in the car by myself and want my phone to connect to the receiver I have to delete my wife's phone first.
In addition the screen catches a ton of glare.
Finally, satellite radio doesn't buffer at all so as soon as I go under an overpass I'll lose my signal.
Sony quality but lacks idatalink compatibility
Sony quality shines on this head unit. Unfortunately, the lack of idatalink integration is a deal breaker for me. Not quite sure why Sony only offers it in the AX210.
Bought a new motorhome with this unit 2 weeks ago. Won't work in several ways. Volume won't work. Won't turn off, home button won't work. What's worse, can't get RV dealer to do anything
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question