This player is awesome and works great with my 4K receiver and projector for a true movie experience. Wish there was more 4K content, but soon we will have OTA 4K ATSC 3.0! WooooHoooo! Rented 1917 and Midway in 4K - WOW!
About This Item
Sony 4K UHD Blu-ray Player - UBP-X700
- Get more from your movies with 4K Ultra HD: Experience movies with four times the resolution of conventional Blu-ray (Full HD), with new 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs and 4K streaming services.
- HDR10: An HDR 10 signal contains up to 100x the brightness of a standard (SDR) signal, massively increasing peak brightness while retaining deep and highly-detailed blacks, for an entirely new viewing experience.
- DOLBY VISION: Bring scenes to life with striking highlights, deeper darks and vibrant colors. Dolby Vision is an HDR solution that creates an immersive, engaging cinematic experience in your home.
- A richer picture on any screen: Watch 4K HDR films, even on non-HDR TVs, and enjoy additional shadow and highlight detail. Our HDR-SDR conversion intelligently scales HDR?s ultra-wide brightness range into an SDR image, maintaining outstanding picture quality even with conventional SDR TVs.
- The Way The Artists Truly Intended: Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
- Play anything: The UBP-X700's playing power goes far beyond 4K UHD Blu-ray discs. You can watch, listen to, and stream almost anything you like ? including most high-definition video and audio formats, and content from a host of popular streaming services.6 The X700 also upscales content to the highest quality possible, so you?re always enjoying movies and shows in high resolution.
- Ultimate disc drive: Play all your CD, DVD and Blu-ray collections conveniently with one universal player.
WARNING: Item may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive toxicity. Chemicals may include but are not limited to Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Has 3D Capabilities|
Amazing 4K resolution!
This blueray player is a GEM!
This blueray player is awesome!!! Set-up was a snap......and "getting to Netflix " is faster than fast! We couldn't be more pleased!!! Crutchfield did it again!!
Excellent performance and ease of use
Product is great, but registration is confusing. The registration instruction sheet states that the product serial number is on the main unit and the carton box. There is no serial number on either. Having exhausted all the possible numbers, I finally attempted a login and found that you wanted me to specify the model number. Perhaps you should work to eliminate this confusion.
Door stuck first month, then stopped
This was the third player before I found one that worked good. I had to go into the store because they believed that the first one was damaged through mail handling. I tried another Sony product and it didn't work it would pause all the time and you missed part of the show about every 60 Seconds even if you were just watching TV. This one plays fine but I have never used the Wi-Fi or connected it because my Wi-Fi is weak. I use it just for playing DVD and Blu-ray and it works perfectly. The second one I bought the coloring of everything looked like I had gone back to the 1960s and it all looked Brown and hazy and I didn't think I would ever find one that worked. I don't like that you can't see anything on the front. I wish it told you where you were in the movie and had the time of day on the actual player. I like to watch movies in a dark room because they show up better especially in dark scenes and I really rather there be some buttons on the actual player because if the remote ever breaks there's no way to use the device. I've never had a device that I couldn't use without the remote and I think that's a huge drawback and why I gave it a four. It is superior to the others I tried including LG and another Sony. I'm using it with a brand new Vizio TV. The design looks nice except for the lack of being functionable from the actual device and I don't like that there are no numbers or clock or anything on the actual device. There's a button on the remote you can push to see where you're at in the show so that if you stop it you know where you were. I do like the fact that even if the power is off it's intelligent enough to know where I was in a movie and start right back where I was most of the time but not all of the time. I have had electronic devices in multiple rooms of my house since they first came out with them. I grew up in a theater and so watching movies has been a huge part of my life.
A Remarkable Player
I bought this player about two weeks ago and I am just beginning to put it through its paces. So far, it is performing very well connected to my 12-year plus Sharp Aquos LCD 52-inch television. I expect it to show its true colors when I hook it up to my soon-to-be purchased QLED 55-incher. I may then consider updating this review.
Seems cheaply made
It seems to be working OK.
If your going to plug into the USB port you need to grab a hold from the back because the unit is so light weight. I'm used to previous units that had some substance to them.
Way too much money for what you receive. Wouldn't do it again and sure would NOT recommend this to a friend.
Sadly disappointed in Sony, years ago I couldn't say anything but good about their products. Now instead of maintaining quality they manufacture
Love it except the pause feature doesn't work
I wish that the pause feature would last for longer than 15 minutes or so. Whenever I pause my Blu ray disc, the blu ray machine shuts off automatically, after 15 min. or so, which is inconvenient as then I have to power it on and go back in and find the place where I was, which isn't convenient.
This Sony ubp-x700 worked great until the warranty expired.the unit won't power off.I have tried removing the power cord,as soon as you put the power cord back in the unit comes back on.the tray wont open .I paid a lot of money for this unit.I thought I was buying quality.never again.Ive allways bought Samsung
Disappointed in failure
Guys, I have always had excellent experience with all my Sony stuff, except this X700. It was my primary for my Home Theater, which BTW I only get to use 1 per month due to my travel. Bought it in Dec 2018, and it totally failed when I went to use it. Tried to get support no luck. Just threw it in the trash and pondering whether to buy again...I hope your reviews are more positive. With Regrets, Neil
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question