About this item
About this item
Hardcover, Pearson College Div, 2011, ISBN13 9780205171460, ISBN10 020517146X
"Seeing Sociology in Everyday Life" John Macionis, like many college students, found his passion and life's work after taking an introductory sociology course. Sociology helped him make sense of the world around him. John shares his enthusiasm, excitement and teaching experience through a clear and engaging writing style that connects with students. This is the introductory sociology text that shows students how sociology is relevant in their daily lives. "Sociology, 13/e," has an innovative new design, contemporary and relevant student applications, plus a wealth of supplemental material. This revision elevates "Sociology"'s high standard of excellence, ensuring that it remains one of the foremost comprehensive introductory sociology resources for students and instructors alike. "Sociology, 13/E" strengthens the Macionis tradition of helping students see sociology in their everyday life
To learn more about the new edition, click here to watch a video. What is the Pearson Census Update Program? The Census Update edition incorporates 2010 Census data into a course-simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program are as follows:
- Census Update Edition - Features fully updated data throughout the text-including all charts and graphs-to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. This edition also includes a reproduction of the 2010 Census Questionnaire for your students to explore in detail.
- 2010 Census Update Primer - A brief seven-chapter overview of the Census, including important information about the Constitutional mandate, research methods, who is affected by the Census, and how data is used. Additionally, the primer explores key contemporary topics such as race and ethnicity, the family, and poverty. The primer can be packaged with any Pearson text at no additional cost, and is available via MySocLab, MySocKit, and MySearchLab. The primer can also be purchased standalone.
- 2010 Census Update Primer Instructor's Manual with Test Bank - Includes explanations of what has been updated, in-class activities, homework activities associated with the MyLabs and MyKits, discussion questions for the primer, and test questions related to the primer.
- MySocLab - Gives students the opportunity to explore the methods and data and apply the results in a dynamic interactive online environment. It includes:
- primary source readings relevant to the Census
- an online version of the 2010 Census Update Primer
- a series of activities using 2010 Census results
- video clips explaining and exploring the Census
|Number of Pages:||720|
|Author:||Macionis, John J.|
|Publisher:||Pearson Custom Publishing|
|Publication Date:||July, 2011|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.10 x 1.20 x 11.20 Inches|
Ask a question