Small Town Girl is one of the best albums in years! As good as the song samples sound they do not do these songs justice and you must hear the full songs! Since all songs are great I highly recommend buying the entire album instead of individual songs and you won't be disappointed!
1. Red High Heels - AWESOME song!!! One of the most upbeat rockin' songs I've ever heard and the most upbeat song on the album! Makes me want to get up and dance! I can hear this and other songs in a movie soundtrack.
2. Gotta Keep Moving - Starts with and maintains a great country/rock guitar vibe! Upbeat and awesome! A good song to drive or run with! I love the music and it's one of my favorite songs!
3. Things That Never Cross A Man's Mind - Fun song to give the guys something to think about! Also rocks with guitar!
4. Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You - Starts out slow then rocks! After hearing the sample I knew this would be one of my favorites and it is AWESOME!!!!! Sounds like an automatic #1 hit! Has some good rockin' guitar too!
5. I Wonder - VERY beautiful and sad ballad! I LOVE this song! One of my favorites, maybe #1 or #2! I love the way Kellie sings "California" and "Caroliiina" so beautifully! She sounds amazing in this one! It will make you cry at least twice, once because the story about her long lost mother is so sad and again because it's such a beautiful song and Kellie sings it soooo beautifully! It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard and I'm not kidding! Words can't describe it. I can easily see this as a #1 hit!
6. Small Town Girl - Kellie sounds amazing in this one too! Love it! Includes lots of small town stuff like Coca-Cola and apple pie! "I'd rather ride in a Chevy truck than a Ferrari. Give me a cheeseburger, I ain't eatin' no calamari!" made me laugh! I love it! Has some backing singers near the end too!
7. Wild Ponies - AWESOME!!! Starts out with acoustic guitar then adds beautiful steel guitar! Another 2x VERY beautiful song! Also sad because it's about a troubled relationship. Run ponies, run! I knew just from the sample that this would be one of my top favorites and it is! Kellie sounds very beautiful and sings some very beautiful high notes like when she sang Unchained Melody on American Idol! Kenny Rogers praised Kellie's high notes and Barry Manilow said her voice has a beautiful sound. These 2 legends were right!
8. Girls Like Me - Another great positive song! "I guess there ain't no changin' girls like me!" The world needs more girls like Kellie! She sings about her grandpa too! Has acoustic, electric and steel guitar!
9. I'm On My Way - Another great song that starts out with very beautiful positive lyrics! This is also about her American Idol journey ("so I woke up one mornin', and I put my fears aside, now look how far I've come from, from the back of an endless line." "I'm not there yet, but I know I'm on my way.") Also has some great electric guitar!
10. One Of The Guys - Great girls' and guys' anthem! Fun song! Seriously, the NFL could make this the new Monday Night Football theme song and it would be the best they've ever had! And who wouldn't love to see Kellie kick-off every game!? The music is great old time country with harmonica, steel guitar, etc.!
11. My Angel - Another very beautiful and sad ballad about Kellie's great relationship with her grandmother. Also rocks a little with electric guitar!
Listening to this album makes me think about how country songs tell a story, and Kellie tells the best stories! She really put 100% of her heart and soul into Small Town Girl! It's packed with emotion and feeling!
Most songs are fun and a few will move you to tears because of the sad stories and because they are just sooooo beautiful! I know I'm wearing out the word but they really are! Beautiful x 4 = beautiful lyrics, beautiful music, beautiful voice, and beautiful singing! No song has made me cry in years until now. Powerful stuff!
Not only is this a great country album, I was also pleasantly surprised to hear that it ROCKS more than I could tell from the song samples! As a rock music fan I really like this album! It's only the 3rd country album I've ever bought and I'd say many songs are more on the country/rock side. Kellie ROCKS!!!
Overall Small Town Girl is an awesome album and one of the best! Very positive, almost on a spiritual level. Easily in the very top albums recorded by former American Idol contestants and one of the best debut albums of any artist EVER! Hopefully many songs will become the hits they deserve to be! I can't wait to see Kellie perform these songs live!
Small Town Girl is my favorite album! It's a must have and makes a great gift! I'm going to buy at least 5 and I think everyone should make it our #1 gift this year!
As awesome as this album is I think Kellie will get even better with more time and I'm looking forward to many future albums!
Now all you need to do is pick a winner - PICK PICKLER! :)