Check out these related products
- $14.94 List price $21.95Save $7.01
- $9.11 List price $19.95Save $10.84
- $17.85 List price $20.00Save $2.15
- $19.23 List price $21.95Save $2.72
- $12.66 List price $16.95Save $4.29
- $14.51 List price $19.95Save $5.44
- $12.79 List price $17.95Save $5.16
- $13.46 List price $20.00Save $6.54
- $21.11 List price $30.00Save $8.89
- $14.60 List price $19.95Save $5.35
- $26.32 List price $40.00Save $13.68
- $11.17 Was $14.94Save $3.77
- $15.13 List price $16.95Save $1.82
- $8.36 List price $14.95Save $6.59
- $10.98 Was $16.83Save $5.85
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Shares vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes inspired by the sustainable eating principles practiced along Asia's trade routes for centuries, and demonstrates how cultural traditions have influenced the cuisine.
Discover the secrets of healthy and sustainable eating that have been practiced along the trade routes of Asia for centuries. This unusual book is filled with richly-flavored vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free recipes like Bengali Potato and Zucchini Curry, Afghan Moussaka Eggplant with Yoghurt Sauce and Bukharian Crock Pot Rice with Dried Fruit that are a welcome change from the usual bland vegetarian and vegan fare.
Dishes from the Silk Road have their roots in the ancient village food traditions of Asia, where a few healthy ingredients from local gardens were blended with spices to create meals that are nutritious, varied and flavorful, as well as being ethical and sustainable.
Author Dahlia Abraham-Klein is a food educator and nutritionist who draws from her own family heritage to create meals that honor what is most meaningful about cooking and food everywhere in the world--a connectedness to place, history and family. Her book is about developing culinary awareness and celebrating diversity--discovering foods with contrasting tastes and textures that are simple and easy to prepare, yet totally exciting and different.
"Silk Road Vegetarian" delves into the cultural and spiritual traditions of the Silk Road to show how cultural traditions have influenced the cuisine. Each dish has a rich history--linking past to present in a particular place. At the same time, the recipes address pressing contemporary needs by showing us how to eat a healthy, balanced and yet interesting diet with locally-sourced, earth-friendly ingredients.
The astonishing array of recipes in this book will inspire every home cook. All dishes are easy and simple to prepare, and codes are applied to identify which ones are: Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
Try one of these recipes, and you'll agree that peoples living along the Silk Road created a unique culinary tradition that we have much to learn from today.
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Author:||Weaver, Stephanie , Abraham-klein, Dahlia|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 9.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $11.59 Was $12.34Save $0.75
- $8.45 List price $9.99Save $1.54
- $17.82 List price $29.95Save $12.13
- $15.25 Was $16.39Save $1.14
- $25.66 Was $27.21Save $1.55
- $9.74 List price $21.99Save $12.25
- $11.97 List price $19.95Save $7.98