Check out these related products
- $48.96 List price $54.95Save $5.99
- $392.58 List price $475.00Save $82.42
- $46.44 Was $49.95Save $3.51
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Taylor & Francis, 2013, ISBN13 9781444163100, ISBN10 1444163108
Second Language Learning Theories is a clear and concise overview of the field of second language acquisition (SLA) theories. Written by a team of leading academics working in different SLA specialisms, this book provides expert analysis of the main theories from multiple perspectives to offer a broad and balanced introduction to the topic.
The book covers all the main theoretical perspectives currently active in the SLA field and sets them in a broader perspective per chapter, e.g. linguistic, cognitive or sociolinguistic. Each chapter examines how various theories view language, the learner, and the acquisition process. Summaries of key studies and examples of data relating to a variety of languages illustrate the different theoretical perspectives. Each chapter concludes with an evaluative summary of the theories discussed. This third edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the very latest research in the field of SLA.
Key features include:
- a fully re-worked chapter on cognitive models of language and language learning
- a new chapter on information processing, including the roles of different types of memory and knowledge in language learning
- the addition of a glossary of key linguistic terms to help the non-specialist
- a new timeline of second language learning theory development
This third edition takes account of the significant developments that have taken place in the field in recent years. Highly active domains in which theoretical and methodological advances have been made are treated in more depth to ensure that this new edition of Second Language Learning Theories remains as fresh and relevant as ever.
|Number of Pages:||379|
|Author:||Myles, Florence , Marsden, Emma , Mitchell, Rosamond|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $6.20 Was $6.61Save $0.41
- $5.69 Was $6.64Save $0.95
- $2.70 Was $2.99Save $0.29
- $6.82 List price $8.05Save $1.23
- $12.73 Was $14.81Save $2.08
- $11.11 List price $15.99Save $4.88
- $7.45 List price $9.95Save $2.50
- $11.62 List price $16.95Save $5.33
- $15.44 Was $19.63Save $4.19