Check out these related products
Seagate 3TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Desktop Drive for Mac
Consider these popular products
- from $59.00
- Reduced Price$89.99 List price $129.99Save $40.00
- from $59.99
- Rollback$104.99 Was $153.95Save $48.96
- $57.49 Was $70.33Save $12.84
- $69.02 Was $73.99Save $4.97
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 Desktop Drive is a convenient and simple way to share and protect your digital files. You can use this Seagate 3TB hard drive for Mac and PC to store up to 2,000,000 photos, 857,143 songs or 1,575 movies. The Seagate Backup Plus Mac features expanded digital storage to hold a wide variety of files and a flexible interface with fast transfer speeds. It comes with a USB 3.0 connection to plug into a device that contains digital files. The Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 is compatible with Mac and PC systems. It supports Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3 32- and 64-bit operating systems. This Seagate 3TB Hard Drive for Mac and PC systems includes a pre-loaded Seagate Dashboard, a power adapter to plug into standard outlets and a Quick Start Guide.
Seagate 3TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Desktop Drive for Mac:
Expanded digital storage
- USB 3.0
Flexible interface with fast transfer speeds
- Plug n play
Up to 2,000,000
Up to 857,143 songs
Up to 1,575 movies
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Hard Drive
- USB Cable
- Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded
- Power adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- 2-year warranty
|Hard Drive Capacity:||3 TB|
|Compatible Devices:||PC , Mac|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||STCB3000900|
|System Requirements:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7|
|Color Category:||Silver , Black|
|Connector Type:||1 x USB 3.0|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.87 x 9.06 x 3.54 IN|
Manuals & Guides
- PDF , 471K, 2 pagesView
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No... I just formatted this device to UFS format; Its a Unix format for unix operating compatibility... The specs. does mention both MAC and Windows capability...by alclasystems12/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it will work. I use mine with a PC.by Qwarzad9/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think that it will actually work for PC or Mac. At least it says so on the box. But if you have a PC, I'd recommend searching for the one designed for PCs. I think it is the model STBU1000100. (The very last digit indicates the color. Zero is for black.)by RandomNumberMan1/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the porgrams that are on the Disk drive are mostly for the PC.by dgnmac1/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Backup Plus for Mac is setup from the box with the Mac file system. You could use the drive with the PC driver that is included with the software or simply repartition and format the drive, but a better option would be to purchase the non Mac version of the Backup Plus drive as this is setup from the box for a PC. Here is a link to this drive: http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/backup-plus-desk/by SeagateSupport1/15/2013Written by a verified representative from SeagateSupportWas this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe this device specifications did mention backward compatibility for legacy technology...All windows operating systems come with support. Especially for third party add-ons... If anything, Windows 8 should be an improvement for added devices... However, remember, to check for Compatibility with Windows operating system with MAC operating compatibility. They are completely different from each other... You can also look into formatting this device to match windows operating systems...Since its made primarily for MAC... I don't see a problem with going forward.by alclasystems12/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I works with usb 2 but I own a Mac and I don't use a PC.by dgnmac12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes to both questions.by Qwarzad9/21/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hello, Yes, this drive is backwards compatible to USB 2.0. This drive is formatted for MAC out of the box, but if you install the Windows driver on your system, it will allow the drive to work with both Mac and PC, including Windows 8.by SeagateTechnicalSupport9/21/2013Written by a verified representative from SeagateTechnicalSupportWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Will this work if I hook it up to a hooper to save all my movies the I save to my dvr ?
- Don't know what a hooper is; do you mean a hopper? Either way, all E-Devices can be connected with the correct adapters and or peripherals and some configuration modifications... I am going to sav, its most likely conceivable.by alclasystems12/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As a Uverse user, I have been told that memory for that system is not expandable. They did send me a new unit with 500GB storage and SATA and USB ports labeled for future use. Good luck.by CIG10012/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have no idea what a hooper is, so there is no way I can answer your question. If your worried about saving movies why don't you get Roxio 11 software and burn them to DVD"s.by dgnmac12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?