About This Item
For someone who struggles with significant mental health issues, teaming up with a highly trained psychiatric service dog (PSD) may be able to help in ways that medication and therapy can't. The combination of practical tasks that directly address symptoms and natural dog affection is powerful. The possibilities are exciting, but working with a PSD is a long-term proposition, not to be entered into lightly. Obtaining a PSD can be expensive and time consuming, and they aren't a good option for everyone.
Saved by the Dog will lead you through everything you need to know about psychiatric service dogs.
In these pages you'll discover:
- Personal stories from people who have psychiatric service dogs
- How to tell the difference between a psychiatric service dog, emotional support animal, and therapy dog
- How to decide if a PSD is right for you or someone you know
- How to obtain one, whether from a program or through owner training
- Which United States laws apply to service dog teams in public, in housing, and when flying on a plane
- and much more!
Whether you're looking into getting a psychiatric service dog for you or a loved one, or you're just interested in the phenomenon, this is the book to read first.
|Number of Pages|
Saved by the Dog: Unleashing Potential with Psychiatric Service Dogs
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
9.00 x 6.00 x 1.50 Inches
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question