Just swapped my laptop HDD with this. Now everything is blazing fast with my 5 years old i3 laptop. Boot up and shut down is very quick. Opening of multiple files are very quick too. Worth it!
About This Item
- Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size* is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
- * Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and I0meter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances are Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250/500 GB
- and 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
- configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V .
- TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 2/4 TB for 78 GB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
- Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications. The Samsung 860 EVO with V-NAND technology is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.*
- * Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4 TB model. * 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
- Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
- * Error correction Code
Multiple form factors
- Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
- Management software - Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Firmware update - Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Perf. benchmark (15) / Performance benchmark - Check your SSD's sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
- Data security - Protect data by selecting security options. The 860 EVO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
WARNING: Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
0.27 x 3.94 x 2.75 Inches
great ssd drive , was very easy to use the samsung software to transfer previous drive. make the computer much faster with most programs. best computer up-grade for the money.
Came on time and works amazing. My husband couldn't be happier
Great drive from gaming to workload.
Do yourself a favor
if you have an laptop or desktop and you constantly see you hdd always at 100%. get a samsung 860 evo it will change your computers life. prior to installing the 860 evo my laptop took forever to get to the desktop of window. loading time was extremely long, now it's virtually instant. one thing i will note is that now my hdd is no longer the weal point, i see that the cpu and the ram is working harder. not a problem really, the computer is blazing fast now!!! i definitely recommend the 860 evo [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Use for Music Files
I use 970 EVO plus 1 Tb ssd for Windows Op. System -Put the 860 EVO 1 Tb. in for my DSD music files. Definite decrease in responce time, one song can be 1 Gb. HDD had up to 7.5ms time to .7ms time for 860 EVO. Probably should have went with more Tb. Very Pleased.
bought this for gaming, and programs start about 30% faster with no stuttering during gameplay. The 1 TB is a must to start, but might add another SSD in the future..this is plenty of storage for most of my programs...Slim design and easy install. Setup in disk management on windows is a snap...highly recommended.
Mac software not Available from Samsung
This my 3 rd Samsung 860 EVO. SSD All working Great, but loosing 1 star because
Mac software not Available from Samsung . I try other but did not work 100%
I have to buy Acronis True Image 2019. .only Acronis True Image 2019 ( Acronis True Image 2018 do not have clone disk function)have clone disk function and clone disk with Mac & window 10(VM ware). this information for your future user or Samsung management add this product to work smooth with Mac-OS
If i am using with window-OS It will Get Five star.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Became unusable after 3 months (40 TBW)
Hi, my experience with Samsung is bitter-sweet, I own 256GB PRO and 500GB EVO - the first one working greatly 1+ year (200 TBW so far) while the EVO disappointed me big time - my project 'Nakamichi' is stopped due to its failure.
So my question, how come the EVO is so bad, what can be the reason for so many hang-ups (blockages) - cannot use it despite the CRC errors - thought that the controller could remap or something?!...
DOA, never worked
dead straight out of the box. I connected it via my SATA-to-USB3 adapter to 3 different computers, not recognized on any of them. I even went through the "Disk Management" exercise just to see if I need to format it but it's simply not recognized. Just for verification, I took out an existing 2.5" drive from one of my laptops and connected it to the same computers via the same SATA-to-USB3 adapter and it was recognized on all 3 computers.
This SSD is a dud. Was supposed to be a "premium" product...
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question