This is a great product for creators. Price it at a standard but it is still more than I would like to pay. The speed are right on and meet the expectations. The fingerprint sensor works great and recognizes it almost all the time. Overall this is a very good product and I highly recommend it.
- Hard Drive Capacity1.00 TB
- Assembled Product Length2.000"
- Assembled Product Height5.000"
- Assembled Product Width4.000"
- Assembled Product Weight0.55 lbs
About This Item
- Fingerprint sensor and password protection - AES 256 bit hardware encryption
- Performance of up to 1050 MB/s, up to 9.5x faster than external HDD
- NVME interface and compatible with USB 3.2 (Gen 2, 10Gbps)
- Product Type Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity 1TB
- Encryption Standard 256-bit
- Interfaces/Ports Host Interface USB 3.2 (Gen 2) Type C Drive Interface PCI Express NVMe
- Color Black
- Drive Type External
- External Drive Type Portable
- Height 57mm
- Width 85mm
- Depth 8mm
- Weight (Approximate) 58g
- Package Contents Portable SSD T7 Touch USB 3.1 1TB (Black) USB Type C-to-C Cable Type C-to-A Cable
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
2.00 x 4.00 x 5.00 Inches
Great Hardware, software iffy
I used a windows machine to install the software and configure the device. I then uninstalled the software. You need the software to unlock the device if the fingerprint needs setup or changing (or the finger is unavailable). Once you don't use the software everything works as expected. I was warned the software was iffy on a Mac so I configured the device on a pc. I have no issues bouncing back and forth. I keep my VMs on the SSD and bounce between a windows workstation in the office and a Mac workstation at home. No special software on either.
HAVING TROUBLE ON MAC
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL AND FAST FLASH DRIVE BUT!! ON MY MACBOOK PRO THE SAMSUNG PSSD APP DOESN'T RECOGNIZE, I CAN USE IT BUT NOT THE FINGERPRINT FEATURE [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Do not buy this if you are using macOS!
Terrible user experience! I received my T7 SSD several days ago. The hardware is good, but the software is poor. My system is macOS Catalina 10.15.3. I installed the Samsung Portable SSD 1.0 as the instructions on manual, but it cannot recognize my device and always shows 'DISCONNECTED'. I tried many methods to fix the issue, including downgrade the software. However,it is still not working. Without the software, the fingerprint ID is useless, and you cannot encrypt the device. All in all, don't buy T7 if you are using macOS! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question