Check out these related products
- $9.40 List price $15.99Save $6.59
- $13.47 List price $16.95Save $3.48
- $11.78 List price $16.00Save $4.22
- $10.67 List price $15.95Save $5.28
- $12.68 List price $15.00Save $2.32
- $11.30 List price $14.99Save $3.69
- $12.07 List price $14.00Save $1.93
- $13.48 List price $14.95Save $1.47
- $10.09 List price $15.95Save $5.86
- $10.84 List price $14.99Save $4.15
- $11.66 List price $15.95Save $4.29
- $12.84 List price $14.00Save $1.16
- $13.45 List price $15.00Save $1.55
- $12.59 List price $15.00Save $2.41
- $12.23 List price $12.99Save $0.76
- $10.97 List price $15.95Save $4.98
- $10.63 List price $15.95Save $5.32
- $13.51 List price $14.95Save $1.44
- $10.89 List price $14.95Save $4.06
About this item
About this item
"There are two sides to every story. You heard from Muslim women in the groundbreaking collection Love InshAllah: The Secret Love Lives of American Muslim Women - now hear from the men. If you believe the hype, Muslim men are either oversexed Casanovas willing to die for 72 virgins in heaven or controlling, big-bearded husbands ready to rampage at the hint of dishonor. The truth is, there are millions of Muslim men looking for the same thing as any red-blooded American man: life, liberty and the pursuit of pleasure. It's time to go beyond the headlines and "Beyond the Beard" for a provocative, insightful, funny and frank glimpse into the lives of Muslim men. And what could be more intriguing than a peek into their hearts - and bedrooms?"--
From the editors of the groundbreaking anthology "Love, InshAllah" comes a provocative new exploration of the most intimate parts of Muslim men's lives.
Muslim men are stereotyped as either oversexed Casanovas willing to die for seventy-two virgins in heaven or controlling, big-bearded husbands ready to rampage at the hint of dishonor. The truth is, there are millions of Muslim men trying to figure out the complicated terrain of love, sex, and relationships just like any other American man.
In "Salaam, Love," Ayesha Mattu and Nura Maznavi provide a space for American Muslim men to speak openly about their romantic lives, offering frank, funny, and insightful glimpses into their hearts--and bedrooms. The twenty-two writers come from a broad spectrum of ethnic, racial, and religious perspectives--including orthodox, cultural, and secular Muslims--reflecting the strength and diversity of their faith community and of America.
By raising their voices to share stories of love and heartbreak, loyalty and betrayal, intimacy and insecurity, these Muslim men are leading the way for all men to recognize that being open and honest about their feelings is not only okay--it's intimately connected to their lives and critical to their happiness and well-being.
|Number of Pages:||238|
|Author:||Mattu, Ayesha , Maznavi, Nura|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.75 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question