Since it looks like I am the first customer to leave a review for this product, I thought I would take a little more time with my review and tell you my Pros and Cons on this meat grinder and why I purchased it in the first place.
I had been shopping for about 3 months for an electric meat grinder that came with everything all in one "Kit" so I didn't have to buy more additional pieces later for a certain type of meat grinding or sausage stuffing activity. I was also looking for a grinder that had a larger diameter of meat stuffing tunnel (the place where you stuff the meat into) and a larger diameter "hole" of where the meat comes out, but most all of them we looked at were (as we found out) what is considered a smaller size #8 kitchen grinder and not the larger size #12 grinder like this STX Turboforce grinder is. When I saw this advertised on Wal-Mart and read that it was a Size #12 Grinder with ALL of the accessories I wanted, I bought it immediately.
I have now been using it for only about 2 weeks and am very happy with it. If it keeps working like it is at this time, I will be quite happy for a very long time as it is exactly what I was looking for.
OK...Here's my Pros:
1) The price - Can't Be Beat for all you get with this package.
2) This is a very nice looking grinder and the chrome accents make it look very nice on my kitchen counter. I normally keep it on my counter as I grind meat so often.
3) It's a Size #12 Grinder and not a size #8 - this was very important to me.
4) It came with 3 different sizes of Grinding Plates: a 4mm (right at 1/8"), a 7 mm (right at 1/8") and also what they call a wagon wheel plate for those large sausage grinds. I also use the wagon wheel plate as a spacer for stuffing sausage as this makes sausage stuffing a lot faster and easier.
5) I wanted to make sure I got a grinder with "Stainless Steel" Cutting Blades and this one came with 3 of them.
6) The 3 sausage stuffing tubes and kubbe attachment were exactly the additional parts that I was looking for in a grinder.
7) Very Easy to clean. Just read the instructions carefully on this because you do not want to put any parts of it in the dishwasher.
8) As I said in my title, "Smooth, Quiet and Powerful" and you will find this is very true if you purchase one.
9) Instructions - Well written with many photos on how to assemble the parts for different purposes. Also includes hints on grinding correctly, sausage stuffing and how to clean all of the parts.
I also want to mention that my husband and I had a "grinding day" last weekend after we had purchased close to 70 lbs. of chuck roasts. After stripping the meat into 4 to 8 inch long strips and chilling them in the freezer for 15 minutes, it took us less than 30 minutes to grinder ALL of this meat into some great tasting hamburger. I might let you in on a little secret we have for much better tasting hamburger: Add 1 slice of bacon to the mix for every pound that you grind and you will not believe the added taste that this gives to the hamburger when you fix it on your outdoor grill.
And last of all...Get This - This product comes with a "3 Year - 100% Guarantee". How many companies trust in their product so much as to give it this long of a guarantee so DON'T buy extended warranty on this product if some outside company offers it to you. I read a lot about these STX people and 99% of all that I have read is nothing but excellent on the quality of their products and service!!!
None as of yet, but after I use it for another couple of months, I will revise my review if I have any problems with the product, but from what I have read about this grinder from other reviews on other sites, I won't be having any problems with this unit in the future.