I love this unit. I recently decided to put all my music on one drive. This drive is fast. It took me just under an hour to transfer 12700+ songs from two drives into the Samsung. The speed is impressive even though I don't have the latest generation USB, just a 3.0. I already had a soft cushion case for it which I bought somewhere in my travels and the hard drive fits like a glove.
SAMSUNG Portable SSD USB 3.1 Gen.2 1TB External SSD - Single Unit Version MU-PA1T0B/AM
- Addpowered by Allstate
Arrives by Sat, May 30
Ships to Sterling, 45415 Dulles Crossing Plz
About This Item
Fast transfer speeds
- With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s*, thatâs up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs**. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos will be much quicker and faster.
- * Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled
- ** Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB. Test system configuration: AsusÂ® Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard, IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ i5-7600 @3.5 GHz, DDR4 1066 MHz 4 GB, OS-WindowsÂ® 10 x64, Performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1
Compact and light
- Smaller than the average business card, weighing just 1.80oz, and only 0.41" thick. The compact, light and slim T5 is the perfect portable storage.
Solid inside and out
- Do more. Worry less. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 2 meters*. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure*. Itâs all confidently backed by a 3-year limited warranty**.
- * The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
- ** For more information on the warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/support
Connect with ease
- Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices.* The included USB Type-Câ¢ to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.**
- * Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting. Please find the compatible devices list on www.samsung.com/support.
- ** T5 is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Ready anytime, anywhere
- Take everything, all your work and entertainment, with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and efficient access to your massive data so you can complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.
WARNING: Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
0.41 x 2.91 x 2.26 Inches
Manuals & Guides
Insanely Fast. Works with everything I have
I have partioned out the drive so some partions work with my mac for TimeMachine and the other works as a normal drive for mac and PC for transferring files.
AND THE SPEED!!!
I transferred 44.45GB of movies onto my computer in 1 minute and 20 seconds! And it wrote them onto the drive in 1 minute and 38 seconds.
Awesome Portable Storage for my large Construction drawings
Large blueprints have always been a pain in my industry - not anymore! With 2TB of storage, I am not even worried this will run out of space and it's durable too - which is what I need. Now, if they can come up with a build-in external keychain loop so I can hook it to my briefcase and not lose it it would be PERFECT!!
Using this portable SSD in conjunction with an onboard SSD in my laptop is like speed nirvana. I can do file backups and disc image backups in such little time that it encourages frequent use, which is wise. To facilitate my backups I use the free AOMEI backup tool downloaded online. I believe my very fast backups are the result of two (2) SSD's working together. If you have a typical mechanical hard drive in your computer then you probably can still expect good performance but perhaps not as fast. Also, this Samsung T5 is very small and lightweight. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Solid & reliable
I bought this to do a complete backup of my late 2016 MacBook Pro before buying my current 16” MacBook Pro. It worked well for that backup. Now I'm using it in addition to my Synology NAS to do full Time Machine backups. My reasoning is only that then in case of a mandatory disaster evacuation, I have a means of quickly grabbing a very portable backup to go. It is working very well in this tandem Time Machine setup.
It's pretty, but, slow...
I've rarely used this drive after purchasing it since it never seemed fast. Recently I tried to use it on my xbox and it said it's too slow to even use on that! So I ran a speed test and can't get above 42mb/s read/write speeds. Emailing customer support... hopefully this is fixable.
Portable SSD 2TB is not connecting with Mac
Initially the device was connected with Mac and copied 200GB of files. When I was trying to use Portable SSD software to connect with SSD drive it was not recognizing. Suddenly the Samsung SSD 2T drive stopped working and now I'm not able to retrive files from the drive. When I connect the devie to Mac it's showing 44MB and the drive format is also corrupted.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question