hdd are dead. ssd upgrade for my os. wanted something good and not that expensive. this is sata iii so it wont get the speed of a m2. fresh win10 2004 install. intel i7-8700t | 12 gb ram
About This Item
- Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size* is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
- * Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and I0meter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances are Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250/500 GB
- and 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
- configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V .
- TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 2/4 TB for 78 GB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
- Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications. The Samsung 860 EVO with V-NAND technology is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.*
- * Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4 TB model. * 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
- Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
- * Error correction Code
Multiple form factors
- Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
- Management software - Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Firmware update - Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Perf. benchmark (15) / Performance benchmark - Check your SSD's sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
- Data security - Protect data by selecting security options. The 860 EVO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
- Weight - 0.11 lbs
WARNING: Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
0.27 x 3.94 x 2.75 Inches
Customer reviews & ratings
Good product for your money
It is very much like any other SSD except that it's sleek case. It is very appealing to the eye, if installed in a case that you can see into. It does have mounting options on the side as well as the bottom. It it also a full 250g compared to most that are only 240g so you get the most bang for your buck. Installation was easy and quick. So far, it has performed flawlessly. Would highly recommend.
Works great software cloned drive with no problems. Took a 10 year old machine and put it back in the game. Boots in 40 sec. before it was 2 min.
My friend has recommended it
Do yourself a favor
if you have an laptop or desktop and you constantly see you hdd always at 100%. get a samsung 860 evo it will change your computers life. prior to installing the 860 evo my laptop took forever to get to the desktop of window. loading time was extremely long, now it's virtually instant. one thing i will note is that now my hdd is no longer the weal point, i see that the cpu and the ram is working harder. not a problem really, the computer is blazing fast now!!! i definitely recommend the 860 evo [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
i already had an 2.5 sata enclosure i was using with a traditional platter drive. i upgraded to this drive to store photos and other forms of media. a couple of things i needed to make it work with my enclosure was replace the single-usb cable to one that had two connectors for additional power. magician would recognize the drive was there, but could not partition or format it. thankfully windows 10 comes with disk management which allowed me to create a partition and then format it for use. once that was accomplished, yea, the drive works great. i uploaded about 14 gigs of photos to it and did it relatively quickly. so far, very pleased with the drive.
put this in my laptop and it changed the performance dramatically. laptop now boots up in 10 seconds and all of my creative cloud software runs super fast.
Mac software not Available from Samsung
This my 3 rd Samsung 860 EVO. SSD All working Great, but loosing 1 star because
Mac software not Available from Samsung . I try other but did not work 100%
I have to buy Acronis True Image 2019. .only Acronis True Image 2019 ( Acronis True Image 2018 do not have clone disk function)have clone disk function and clone disk with Mac & window 10(VM ware). this information for your future user or Samsung management add this product to work smooth with Mac-OS
If i am using with window-OS It will Get Five star.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the 860 qvo performed better than the 860 evo. it won't let me post details but please see the attached photo. the qvo is 2x as fast as the evo so please consider this before you buy. also, notice that it says "up to 560" not "560 or greater" when it talks about write speeds.
purchased in dec 2019 and put in samsung laptop. sept 2020 laptop quits working and tech tell me its battery and motherboard. issue is this drive. laptop recognizes it is there (according to bios) but laptop caught in boot loop. replaced this drive and everything works. plugged drive in another pc via usb and drive doesn't show up. tried to contact samsung online and it said i had to call. called and just left on hold forever. i would advise a more experienced ssd manufacturer.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question