Thank you for sharing your review of the Samsung RU8000.
Please know that the TV remote control does not support external devices like NVidia Shield TV or game consoles, but does support cable boxes like Comcast Xfinity.
For your WiFi issue, please:
1) Check the distance between the TV and your modem or access point. The distance should not exceed 50 ft (15.2 m).
2) Minimize interference by not using or turning off wireless devices. Also, verify that there are no obstacles between the TV and the modem or access point. (WiFi strength can be decreased by appliances, cordless phones, stone walls/fireplaces, etc.)
3) Perform a network test to check if there is a network problem.
Press the Home button on your remote. Navigate to Settings > General. Then, select Network > Network Status. The network status test will finish and show the status of your network connection.
4) You can go to this link for additional troubleshooting: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/
For further help, please contact us at:
1) Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG (ask for TVs) Available 8AM - 12AM EST (Mon-Fri) / 9AM - 11PM EST (Sat-Sun)
2) LiveChat or Email: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support
3) Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport
4) Twitter: https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport
5) The Samsung TV Community is also a great resource for getting help from Samsung moderators and customers: https://us.community.samsung.com/
If you have not already done so, we invite you to register your new Samsung product at: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/register/
Registering your product gives you access to easy warranty support, convenient opt-in to special promos & offers, faster troubleshooting & service, and quick notification of system updates.