I am super pleased with the Roku Ultra LT. It offers amazing performance and 4k HDR picture quality without a moment of buffering. My cable provider (Xfinity) has a streaming app for Roku devices, which allowed me to cut the monthly cable box rental fee off of my bill. I can watch my high definition cable channels right through the Roku, and within 8 months, it will have totally paid for itself by reducing my cable bill. I couldn't be happier... unless Roku releases a back-lit motion sensing remote ;) But seriously, this was a fantastic way to reduce my cable bill and put all of my HD sources (cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video) into one high-quality, high-performing unit. Don't be tempted to save money with one of the cheaper Roku devices... the Ultra LT and Ultra (and Streaming Stick series) have superior dual-band WiFi, which is part of why they work so well. The cheaper single-band Roku devices aren't this good. This is the model you want.
About This Item
Roku Ultra LT is a powerful 4K streaming player featuring a quad-core processor and our best wireless. Enjoy a smooth streaming experience no matter what you are watching with dual-band wireless, Ethernet port for wired streaming, and MicroSD port for extra channel storage. Take control with the enhanced voice remote, featuring headphones for private listening plus TV power, volume, and mute buttons. Whether you are streaming in HD, 4K, or HDR, you will get picture quality that is optimized for your TV with sharp detail and vivid color. This Roku player is great for heavy streamers, for living rooms and primary TVs, and for home theaters.
Roku Ultra LT Streaming Media Player 2019
- Enjoy your $ 5 Vudu Movie Credit on your Roku player: go to watch.vudu.com/roku to redeem. Redeemable code is found inside the Roku player box. Offer expires 12/31/20.
- Power, picture, performance: Roku Ultra LT lets you stream free, live and premium TV over the Internet right on your TV. This feature-packed streaming media player has a quad-core processor and our best wireless. Roku Ultra LT is perfect for heavy streaming in HD, 4K, and HDR and delivers the kind of powerful performance you want on your home's main TV
- Our best wireless: Get a connection that stands up to whatever you want to stream with dual-band wireless or use the Ethernet port for wired streaming
- Brilliant picture quality: Experience your favorite TV in stunning detail and clarity; whether you are streaming in HD, 4K, or HDR, you will get stunning picture quality that is optimized for your TV with sharp resolution and vivid color
- No more juggling remotes: Power up and adjust the volume on most televisions, control your player, and enjoy private listening with the enhanced voice remote and included headphones; use your voice to search across channels, turn captions on, and more in a touch
- Lots of extras: Roku Ultra LT is packed with features you will love, including MicroSD for extra channel storage; use the included headphones to pump up the volume on your shows without disturbing the house; Plus, stream movies and series on Netflix, Disney +, Apple TV, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play to cable alternative like Hulu with Live TV
- Endless entertainment: Stream just about anything, including free TV, live news, sports, and more. Never miss the most talked-about events, award-winning shows, latest blockbuster hits, and more. It's easy to stream what you love and cut back on cable TV bills with access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across thousands of free and paid channels
- Enjoy free TV channels: Stream live TV, 24/7 news, sports, movies, shows, and more on The Roku Channel, plus other free channels like PBS, The CW, CBS News, and Tubi TV; with Featured Free on your home screen, you are one click away from a huge selection of free movies, in-season TV episodes, and more entertainment from top channels that will not cost you a dime
- The free Roku mobile app: Turns your iOS® or Android device into the ultimate 4K streaming companion; control your Roku media player or Roku TV, use voice search, enjoy private listening, and more on iOS® and Android
- Automatic software updates: Get the most up-to-date software including all the latest features and available channels without even thinking about it
|Memory Card Type|
|Price Per Unit UOM|
Purple, Multicolor, Black
|Contained Battery Type|
IEEE 802.3u (Fast Ethernet), IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet)
|Number of Customer Ratings|
Digital player, Network player
|PPU Quantity of Units|
|Count Per Pack|
|Audio Track Codec|
DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio
Roku Ultra LT HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
4.00 x 4.00 x 0.80 Inches
Manuals & Guides
Customer reviews & ratings
Superior dual-band WiFi 4k streaming performance
Roku Ultra LT dual-band solved my problem
I got this to replace a Roku Premiere+ device that had occasional streaming glitches due to congested WiFi in the 2.4 GHz band in our area. This supports dual-band WiFi, and it has worked flawlessly with a 5 GHz connection to the router several rooms away. It's also a little snappier than the previous one, due to some increase in CPU horsepower.
This is a great upgrade from the Roku I bought about 10 years ago. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and has two features I particularly like: The home screen is an aquarium (very relaxing to watch) and this Roku has a microphone feature for going directly to your favorite streaming service by saying it. I'm very happy with this product!!
Nice replacement for my Roku 3
This is a nice streaming player. I used it to replace my earlier Roku 3, which died after about 6-7 years of use. The Roku Ultra LT 2019 has a great remote control, which can turn the TV on and off, and control the TV volume (as well as the Mute capability). It was very easy to setup, needing only my WiFi password. You can skip the option to enter credit card information (for when you wish to purchase viewing opportunities over your streaming player). It is also nice in that it seems to "shut itself off" whereas my previous Roku 3 remained on constantly. I have only had it for a few weeks, but so far it has been working perfectly. I have not tried using voice control. If you don't need the fancier headphones, you can save a bit by buying this Ultra LT model instead of the Ultra model. I think that's the main difference.
I have been using Roku for years and needed to upgrade. I've been using first and second generation units but buying a new and much larger home meant increased lag time for the units furthest away from my WiFi source. The new Rokus immediately solved the issue.
The Best ROKU To Buy, There Is A Reason They Have
I had one of the cheaper but fairly new ROKU sticks and was having problems getting a strong signal, when I did the research I found out why they cheaper models were cheaper, they are not as good if you need to pick up a weaker signal, this model has 2 antennas and if you get a signal at all it will grab it and keep it reliably. I replaced my other ROKU boxes with this model of the next few moths and worth every penny, no more buffer warnings or dropped/lock screens.
Sold on ROKU
The main reason I purchased this item is because I've owned three ROKU devices before; therefore, in my opinion, whichever device you purchase will do a good job.
- For change
This product is excellent.
We love this new Roku Ultra. We moved the old one to our bedroom TV. This one is great, because my wife can stay up late watching TV and plug a headset into the controller and only she hears it. So now it doesn't bother me trying to sleep.
There's little not to like about this ROKU streaming device. The setup was simple, especially since I was replacing an older ROKU. I would have suggested some design changes to the remote, and since I'm using an older HD TV by LG I couldn't set the remote to control TV functions. That is all that keeps this unit from receiving five stars. Picture quality is very good, speed is good and overall it's a great streaming player.
- For change
Remote is not universal doesn't control A/V rec.
The remote does NOT control a sound bar or A/V receiver. I decided to switch to Roku after Amazon ran up $400 of prime video and music charges even though it was included in my Prime Membership. They credited me back but who has an hour ever 3-4 months to spend fighting with then over credit?!? The Roku seems great but for $80 you cant provide a remote that can control my a/v receiver or sound bar? Pretty lame.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question