Check out these related products
- $22.53 List price $28.99Save $6.46
- $12.53 Was $13.37Save $0.84
- $12.06 List price $16.00Save $3.94
- $11.10 Was $12.07Save $0.97
- $11.61 List price $15.00Save $3.39
- $12.26 List price $15.99Save $3.73
- $9.97 Was $13.25Save $3.28
- $10.70 List price $14.99Save $4.29
- $13.44 Was $15.00Save $1.56
- $36.09 List price $49.99Save $13.90
About this item
About this item
Provides a close-up look at every position on every major-league team, past and present, to answer controversial questions about the best and worst players in the major leagues and offers fascinating new insights into the careers of players, both famous and obscure. Original. 50,000 first printing.
You love to argue about the game and its players, delving into baseball history and lore in search of support for your points of view. You'll find plenty of food for thought -- and argument -- in Rob Neyer's "Big Book of Baseball Lineups."
- All-time Red Sox starting pitcher -- Pedro or the Rocket?
- Gold Glovers -- who "looked" like one, who "was" one, and who "ought" to have been one?
- Lopsided trades that'll sting forever, and phenoms who seemed so real
- Classic nicknames -- from "Charlie Hustle" to "Big Hurt" to "The Mad Hungarian"
Neyer presents a series of lineups for each franchise -- from the All-Time and the All-Rookie to the All-Bust and the Traded Away. In notes, sidebars, and essays, he explores the careers of players both famous and obscure. The book includes information on all thirty current teams, as well as a special section covering legendary clubs like the Brooklyn Dodgers and Washington Senators. Neyer's "Big Book" is an unparalleled reference for settling the debates that arise every day in the lives of baseball fans.
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||BASEBALL TEAMS , BASEBALL PLAYERS|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.25 x 9.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $10.54 Was $13.55Save $3.01
- $13.69 List price $16.99Save $3.30