Love this brand and version. I add my own seasonings for different flavors and it tastes lovely. My favorite is adding lemon zest.....mmmmm good!
About This Item
Fluffy & Flavorful
Traditional Moroccan Couscous is a small, natural pasta that's extremely light and fluffy when cooked, but absorbs large amounts of flavor. With origins from North Africa, this pasta resembles small balls that are made with 100% enriched durum semolina wheat. Couscous is prepared by steaming the pasta to create a light and fluffy consistency. This grain's versatile shape and short cook time of 5 minutes make couscous ideal as a stand-alone dish or paired with sauces, vegetables, and other protein-heavy recipes. With RiceSelect, you can cook with confidence, knowing our Couscous is the perfect addition to an unforgettable meal, like our Couscous & Swiss Chard Tabbouleh.
RiceSelect Couscous, 26.5 Oz
- Quality Durum Wheat Moroccan-Style Pasta
- Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Kosher
- Packaged in a 100% recyclable BPA-Free jar
- Light and fluffy Couscous is a great substitute for rice or potatoes
- No preservatives or additives and low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium
- Visit RiceSelect.com for unforgettable recipes and other ideas
Garlic Lemon Couscous Cakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup, uncooked RiceSelect Couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Zest of one medium lemon (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine water and salt in saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the garlic in a food processor. Add the mint and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas and remaining salt and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine couscous, chickpea mixture, eggs, and lemon zest, mixing until well combined.
- Press the couscous mixture into a 1/4 measuring cup, smooth the top, and invert the measuring cup to release the cake onto a tray. Repeat with the remaining couscous mixture to make 8-9 cakes.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to allow the mixture to set.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat until simmering. Add about 5 of the couscous cakes to the skillet; use a spatula to lightly flatten to about 3/4-inch thickness. Cook, flipping once until the patties are crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked patties to a paper and keep warm. Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining cakes the same way.
Try Each Type of RiceSelect Rice & Pasta
Arborio Rice (Risotto Rice) | Original Couscous | Original Pearl Couscous | Jasmati Brown Rice | Jasmati Rice | Organic White Rice Texmati Rice | Texmati Rice | Original Royal Blend with Texmati White Rice, Brown Rice, Wild Rice and Red Rice | Whole Grain Royal Blend with Texmati Brown Rice and Wild Rice | Sushi Rice
Our philosophy is to embrace values, which are essential to bringing you high-quality rice, pasta, and other grain products. Because of our commitment to quality and innovation, our award-winning products are recognized worldwide for their outstanding taste and texture. When you buy any RiceSelect product, you know it comes from one of the most experienced and diversified rice companies in the world. We offer products that are grown, milled and packaged in the United States under internationally recognized and validated management standards. We also offer specialty-food products from around the world
Ingredients: Unenriched Durum Semolina (Wheat).
Instructions: Cooking original couscous:1 cup uncooked couscous.1 cup water.1/4 teaspoon salt (optional).1 teaspoon butter (optional).1. In a medium saucepan bring water, salt, and butter to a boil.2. Add couscous, stirring quickly.3. Remove from heat and cover.4. Let stand for 4-5 minutes.5. Fluff with a fork before serving.Yields approximately 2 cups of cooked couscous.
Explore this item
All natural, Kosher
|Food Allergen Statements|
Customer reviews & ratings
Versatile protein and grain source.
This was a new culinary adventure for me and it was amazing. The couscous is somewhere between pasta and rice in texture but cooks in like 5 minutes. It is easy to prepare and takes on flavor well.
I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN
THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT, THE QUALITY IS GREAT AND I LOVE THE PLASTIC CONTAINER THAT IT IS PACKAGED IN. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
My go-to item to fix when I am sick!
I love that it only takes five minutes in boiling water or chicken broth before it is done! It is my go-to pick to fix myself when I don't feel like cooking a big meal. It takes great!
fast and simple
This stuff is virtually instant. In fact, I've "cooked" it in hot tap water. I suggest using some sort of flavoring in the water, or cooking in chicken stock instead of plain water just to give it some flavor, but if you're looking for the fastest easiest thing you can find, this is it.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question