Check out these related products
- $93.69 List price $105.00Save $11.31
- $29.41 List price $34.95Save $5.54
- $65.89 List price $70.95Save $5.06
- $47.41 List price $49.95Save $2.54
- $53.63 List price $59.95Save $6.32
- $56.09 List price $59.95Save $3.86
- $37.38 List price $41.95Save $4.57
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Routledge, 2004, ISBN# 0415339987
Reporting War explores the social responsibilities of the journalist during times of military conflict. News media treatments of international crises, especially the one underway in Iraq, are increasingly becoming the subject of public controversy, and discussion is urgently needed.
Each of this book's contributors challenges familiar assumptions about war reporting from a distinctive perspective. An array of pressing issues associated with conflicts over recent years are identified and critiqued, always with an eye to what they can tell us about improving journalism today.
Special attention is devoted to recent changes in journalistic forms and practices, and the ways in which they are shaping the visual culture of war, and issues discussed, amongst many, include:
- the influence of censorship and propaganda
- 'us' and 'them' news narratives
- access to sources
- '24/7 rolling news' and the 'CNN effect'
- military jargon (such as 'friendly fire' and 'collateral damage')
- 'embedded' and 'unilateral' reporters
- tensions between objectivity and patriotism.
The book raises important questions about the very future of journalism during wartime, questions which demand public dialogue and debate, and is essential reading for students taking courses in news and news journalism, as well as for researchers, teachers and practitioners in the field.
|Number of Pages:||374|
|Author:||Zelizer, Barbie , Allan, Stuart|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.72 x 0.85 x 8.72 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.