Open world, lots to do, houses to buy, fun missions to complete... And best of all, some randomness mixed in there. One day I saved a guy from being attacked by wolves. 5 seconds later he was attacked by coyotes. This game meets and even passes all of my expectations. I will be honest, I dont like the western theme, but when it's put together so well in a video game it's fun.
About This Item
Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world's last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
- The Score: Composed by critically-acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson, the Red Dead Redemption score is an expansive range of tones and sounds that captures the haunting sound of the dying American West and Mexico at the turn of the century.
- Wildlife: The vast world of Red Dead Redemption is populated by a complex ecosystem of over thirty different species of animal, ranging from farm livestock to domestic pets to deadly predators. Each territory- from the frontier prairies of New Austin, down into the sun-scored Mexican deserts of Nuevo Paraiso, and up into the greener, mountainous terrain of West Elizabeth- is home to its own distinct species and breeds of wildlife.
- Hunting: Hunting was a vital means of survival in the West. In Red Dead Redemption, animals in the ecosystem will prey on each other and sometimes even on you or your horse. Protect and defend yourself with the aid of trusty weapons and tools - or go on the offensive and hunt for sport and profit. You can purchase special items to aid in hunting and drawing out more elusive game. After a successful kill, animals can be skinned or plucked and then traded for goods with local merchants.
- Rockstar Games Social Club: Presenting Red Dead Redemption at the Rockstar Games Social Club. The Social Club is our members-only community and destination for players to extend and enhance their game experience with exclusive unlockable content, participate in live multiplayer events, track their game progress and stats, compete on leaderboards, and much more. Red Dead Redemption takes the Social Club experience to an entirely new level with seamless in-game integration and the introduction of Social Club in-game challenges to unlock exclusive members-only cheats and content.
- Honor & Fame: In the world of Red Dead Redemption, your choices have consequences; in the frontier, honor still counted for something, and fame spread fast. Choices you make will affect your levels of Honor and Fame, changing the way townsfolk respond to you, and gaining you the reputation of a well-respected and law-abiding gunslinger- or a notorious outlaw.
- Multiplayer: With a range of new, innovative forms of classic team-based and free-for-all games, and a revolutionary new Free Roam mode that's unlike anything ever seen before, Red Dead Redemption raises the bar for open-world multiplayer gaming.
- Achievements: Red Dead Redemption includes a host of unique in-game challenges that will reward you with Achievements to bolster your Xbox LIVE Gamerscore.
- Weaponry: By the early years of the 20th century, change was coming fast to the American frontier- and nothing brought change faster than the rapid evolution of weapons technology. From hand-packed muskets to repeater rifles, from single-shot pistols to the iconic revolver and the terrifying early machine guns that forever changed the face of war- these are John Marston's tools, and the weapons of Red Dead Redemption.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood, Strong Language, Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs, and Intense Violence
Explore this item
|Video Game Platform|
|Primary Distributor ID|
|Video Game Collection|
Country of Origin - Components
Country of Origin - Assembly
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
You are viewing
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition, Rockstar Games, Xbox One/360, 710425490071
|Red Dead Redemption|
|Rockstar San Diego|
|USA or Imported|
|USA or Imported|
|7.5 x 5 x 0.5 Inches|
Love this game.
Love this game. I am happy that they have for XBOX ONE. Came fast. I play for hours.
My daughter bought this game with her bday money and loves it! So many different things to do and you can take breaks from missions to just mess around!
love this game truly amazing the moment part 2 came out I couldn't help but to get part 1 again love the case love the map came and good time wish the TV came first but whatever
Awesome Western Open World Game
I have usually been a PC gamer and I remember when this game came out I heard a lot about it, but it was decided by Rockstar not to make a PC port and I was disappointed. Not long ago, I got my first console and started picking up titles on rental to see what I've missed or picked up titles off the bargain rack to catch up. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed when I got Red Dead on rental. I liked it so much that I searched around and found the GOTY edition. I can't say I was pleased to pick it up. Lots of things to do and loads of fun! Much like Fallout 3, but set in a different world and tone. They need more games like this set in different periods to really enjoy the genre.
Good quality and timely delivery
thought this game was great, kids love it, good graphics and story, great head explosions when u shoot the zombies all around good game
I bought this game as a gift and the recipient absolutely loves it! And the price of the game at walmart.com was $10.00 less than anywhere else! A great value AND entertaining!!!
Love this game
I'm a horse lover some love this game simply because most of it is spend riding. Not only that you get to kill zombies. It's kind of like a western version of Grand Theft Auto!
This game is loads of fun.. at first in the beginning it starts off a bit slow, but after it picks up, this game is full of hours of fun play. great for all ages... some sexual gestures that most young children will not understand. about 2 or 3 tops multiplayer set up is a bit hard to understand at first but once you get the hang of it.. and you finish the single player campaign.. the multiplayer keeps the game interesting and fresh. great game. buy it.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question