About this item
About this item
This 4th edition of Ratings Analysis describes and explains the current audience information system that supports economic exchange in both traditional and evolving electronic media markets. Responding to the major changes in electronic media distribution and audience research in recent years, Ratings Analysis provides a thoroughly updated presentation of the ratings industry and analysis processes. It serves as a practical guide for conducting audience research, offering readers the tools for becoming informed and discriminating consumers of audience information.
This updated edition covers:
- International markets, reflecting the growth in audience research businesses with the expansion of advertising into new markets such as China.
- Emerging technologies, reflecting the ever increasing ways to deliver advertising electronically and through new channels (social media, Hulu)
- Illustrates applications of audience research in advertising, programming, financial analysis, and social policy;
- Describes audience research data and summarizes the history of audience measurement, the research methods most often used, and the kinds of ratings research products currently available; and
- Discusses the analysis of audience data by offering a framework within which to understand mass media audiences and by focusing specifically to the analysis of ratings data.
Appropriate for all readers needing an in-depth understanding of audience research, including those working in advertising, electronic media, and related industries, Ratings Analysis also has much to offer academics and policy makers as well as students of mass media.
|Number of Pages:||328|
|Author:||Webster, James G. , Phalen, Patricia F. , Lichty, Lawrence W.|
|Series Title:||Routledge Communication Series|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question