This book was so informative and an easy read. I am diabetic and wanted off the medications. Since beginning Paleo I have had a huge change in my daily numbers. I especially wanted my morning numbers down. Within a couple days of eating Paleo they ALL came down. It makes sense to eat more and eat clean. Very easy to follow and I'm not hungry. I was shocked about what is in our food from canned tuna to boxed foods. Even Organic doesn't mean it has healthy ingredients... Carragenan is not healthy! Learned to READ product label ingredients. The book is set up for anyone and everyone. Options for healthy eating to fat loss,diabetes, autoimmune problems. So many more issues are addressed. I am off sugar which I never thought I could do. Recipes give many options to suit your needs. Vegan, gluten free,sugar free many other! Exchanges given for every recipe. I purchased this same book for my sister because I was so impressed. Don't be shocked about its size. I have paperback which is large, jammed with information and recipes.
Practical Paleo, 2nd Edition (Updated and Expanded): A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
Arrives by Wed, Jun 3
Ships to San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
About This Item
Now, this second edition has been updated to include new information, answer common questions, and make it even easier for you to customize your diet to meet your personal health goals.
TWO ENTIRELY NEW CHAPTERS
• “Getting Started with Paleo” shows you step by step how to switch to the Paleo way of eating, whether you want to go all-in all at once or transition gradually over time. This chapter also includes a a more comprehensive explanation of the 4R Protocol, which walks you through removing harmful foods, repairing the gut, reinoculating with beneficial bacterial, and reintroducing foods that were previously eliminated.
• “Living the Paleo Lifestyle” offers tips and suggestions for navigating holidays and parties, talking to friends and family about Paleo, getting your kids involved in the kitchen, and much more.
3 NEW 30-DAY MEAL PLANS
• The new meal plans provide guidance for addressing common health concerns: Adrenal Health (stress management), Healthy Hormones (for both women and men), and Liver Detox Support.
• There’s also a new detailed guide to finding the meal plan that’s right for you, so you can get the health benefits you need with the fewest restrictions.
40+ NEW RECIPES!
• These brand-new, mouthwatering recipes range from breakfast foods to family-friendly weeknight meals—many of which are one-pot or meal-in-one and use budget-friendly proteins.
• Recipes from the last edition have been updated based upon reader feedback over the years
• There’s also a new guide to special ingredients and where to find them
Plus, additions throughout the book explore new topics, such as when eating low-carb can actually be a problem, how stress affects the adrenal system, and why the government changed its mind about dietary cholesterol. And the organization has been extensively revised to make the valuable information on food and how it affects the body more user-friendly—and easier to apply to your own health needs.
Practical Paleo has proven to be the resource people reach for again and again for information on healthy living, delicious recipes, and guidance on changing your diet to improve your health.
Victory Belt Publishing
|Number of Pages|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
10.88 x 8.50 x 1.30 Inches
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question