Check out these related products
- $11.65 List price $19.95Save $8.30
- $19.56 List price $24.95Save $5.39
- $17.57 List price $19.95Save $2.38
- $19.13 List price $24.95Save $5.82
- $22.80 List price $29.95Save $7.15
- $15.51 List price $18.95Save $3.44
- $22.05 List price $26.95Save $4.90
- $16.95 List price $18.95Save $2.00
- $11.02 List price $12.95Save $1.93
- $11.65 List price $16.95Save $5.30
- $21.90 List price $28.00Save $6.10
- $14.57 List price $16.95Save $2.38
- $14.47 List price $16.95Save $2.48
- $15.34 List price $26.95Save $11.61
About this item
About this item
Explains how to use the unconscious mind to influence people, citing recent findings in brain and behavioral sciences as a way to use the hidden cues programmed into humans to apply and adjust leadership styles and directives.
New science on our oldest, most natural ways of influencing others
Most of our communication is unconscious. What you are actively aware of is only a tiny part of the visual and other input your brain receives. Further, studies show that we make most of our decisions unconsciously, based on these constant inputs. We only become consciously aware of these decisions afterward, once we already start acting on them.
Many may find that disturbing. But the implications for leadership are profound.
In this provocative yet practical book, communications expert Nick Morgan explores recent brain and behavioral science revelations about how humans communicate--the subtle gestures, visual cues, sounds, and signals that elicit emotion. He then goes on to show us how to shape, control, and prompt these natural, unconscious responses people have in groups, as well as how to control the unconscious mind to connect with other people powerfully and persuasively. The result? A new way to command influence over others.
Morgan, a renowned leadership speaking coach and communication consultant, highlights studies that show how humans are programmed to respond to hidden cues that determine whose leadership they follow. You'll learn more about these cues and how to use them to advantage. From measuring nonverbal signs of confidence to the art and practice of gestures and vocal tones, this witty and readable guide will help leaders and aspiring leaders of all stripes communicate more effectively.
|Number of Pages:||262|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Perseus Distribution Services|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $12.92 List price $28.00Save $15.08
- $16.75 List price $29.95Save $13.20
- $11.19 List price $13.95Save $2.76
- $15.16 List price $25.00Save $9.84
- $11.60 Was $12.43Save $0.83
- $16.62 Was $18.09Save $1.47
- $11.32 List price $16.99Save $5.67
- $20.50 List price $29.99Save $9.49
- $14.39 List price $24.99Save $10.60