This is an incredible pizzelle maker. The mold makes very detailed designs on the cookies.
Pizzelle Maker- Non-stick Electric Pizzelle Baker Press Makes Two 5-Inch Cookies at Once- Recipes Included
- Add Walmart protection plan powered by Allstate
Arrives by Thu, Oct 1
About This Item
- Pizzelle Maker- Non-stick Pizzelle Baker Press Makes 5 Inch Cookies- Pizzelle (pronounced with ts sound, like "pizza") (singular pizzella) are traditional Italian waffle cookies made from flour, eggs, sugar, butter or vegetable oil, and flavoring (often vanilla, anise, or lemon zest). Pizzelle can be hard and crisp or soft and chewy depending on the ingredients and method of preparation. Pizzelle were originally made in Ortona, in the Abruzzo region of south-central Italy.
- The name comes from the Italian word for "round" and "flat" (pizze); this is also the meaning of the word pizza. Many other cultures have developed a pizzelle-type cookie as part of their culture (for example, the Norwegian Krumkake). It is known to be one of the oldest cookie. Pizzelle are known as ferratelle in the Lazio region of Italy. In Molise they may be called ferratelle, cancelle, or pizzelle. The cookie dough or batter is put into a pizzelle iron.
- The iron stamps a snowflake pattern onto both sides of the thin golden-brown cookie, which has a crisp texture once it is cooled. Pizzelle shaped into a cannolo and filled with an orange-almond crème. Pizzelle are popular during Christmas and Easter. They are often found at Italian weddings, alongside other traditional pastries such as cannoli and traditional Italian cookies.
- It is also common for two pizzelle to be sandwiched with cannoli cream (ricotta blended with sugar) or hazelnut spread. Pizzelle, while still warm, can also be rolled using a wooden dowel to create cannoli shells.
So easy to use. Love it
I was very pleased with the quality. I was also pleased with how fast it was shipped
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question