Check out these related products
- $13.59 Was $15.05Save $1.46
- $15.95 List price $17.99Save $2.04
- $15.04 List price $17.99Save $2.95
- $15.33 List price $16.99Save $1.66
- $15.79 Was $16.99Save $1.20
- $11.68 Was $13.98Save $2.30
- $7.60 List price $8.99Save $1.39
About this item
About this item
The diverse voices of teens from San Francisco, Washington, DC, and the Bronx are brought together in a collection of poems written by teens who have taken part in writing programs run by a national nonprofit organization.
Today my name is colorful.Yesterday my name was dead souls. Tomorrow my name will be lively spirits. My friends think my name is fire. The police think my name is burden. My parents think my name is symphony. Secretly I know my name is anything I want it to be.
Paint Me Like I Am is a collection of poems by teens who have taken part in writing programs run by a national nonprofit organization called WritersCorps. To read the words of these young people is to hear the diverse voices of teenagers everywhere.
Included are a foreward by acclaimed poet Nikki Giovanni, an essay from Kevin Powell, another poet associated with WritersCorps, and writing tips from WritersCorps instructors.
WritersCorps was started in 1994 to help at-risk youth in three American urban centers: San Francisco, Washington, DC, and New York City (the Bronx). Thousands of children and teenagers have since benefited from finding creative expression through writing.
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||CHILDREN'S FICTION , SHORT STORIES|
|Target Audience:||Young Adult Audience|
|Publisher:||Harpercollins Childrens Books|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 7.00 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $20.51 List price $24.99Save $4.48
- $16.29 List price $17.99Save $1.70
- $12.45 List price $16.99Save $4.54
- $9.25 List price $16.99Save $7.74
- $15.22 List price $19.99Save $4.77