OZARK TRAIL LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMIUN BACKPACKING TENT, SLEEPS 2. THIS IS A SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT TENT, IT SLEEPS TWO COMFORTABLY WITH PLENTY OF ELBOW ROOM. THE ALUMIUN FRAME SEEMS VERY LIGHT BUT IT STILL SEEMS TO BE VERY STURDY. COMES WITH 2 DOORS 2 WINDOWS AND WITH NETTING TO KEEP OUT THE BUGS ETC. WHILE YOU STILL GET AIR FLOW. THE TENT ALSO HAS A LITTLE STORAGE POCKET INSIDE TO PUT YOUR GLASSES OR CELL PHONE OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HAVE ACCESS QUICKLY. THE MATERIAL IS ALSO LIGHTWEIGHT NYLON, I LIKE THE ORANGE COLOR AND THE FACT THAT IT COMES WITH ITS OWN CARRING BAG. THIS TENT HARDLY TAKES UP ANY SPACE WHEN IN THE BAG AND YOU COULD PACK IT ALL DAY WITHOUT BEING TOO MUCH OR CUMBERSOME TO HANDLE. IT DOES INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SET UP WICH WAS EASY, THE WAY THE HOLES ARE DESIGNED FOR THE POLES TO FIT INTO MAKES IT EASY TO SET UP AND IT ONLY TOOK A FEW MINUTES AFTER MY HUSBAND TOOK EVERYTHING OUT OF THE BAG AND LOOKED AT IT PUZZELED FOR A MINUTE, THEN GOT THE INSTRUCTIONS OUT. NICE SMALL TENT, OZARK TRAIL BRAND IS A GOOD AND DEPENDABLE.
Ozark Trail 2-Person 5.1 lb Backpacking Tent with Two Vestibules
About This Item
Ozark Trail 2-Person 5.1 lb Backpacking Tent with Two Vestibules:
- Sleeps up to 2 people in sleeping bags
- Spacious interior fits 1 twin air mattress
- Minimum Trail Weight (Tent, fly poles only): 2.1 lbs.
- Includes two vestibules for gear storage
- Contains hanging organizers and pockets for convenient storage of small, lightweight items
- Two D-style doors for easy access
- A second door located at the rear of the tent provides convenient entry and exit options
- Two vestibules and a peak vent provide ventilation and reduce the likelihood of condensation inside the tent
- Honeycomb mesh helps keep even the tiniest of bugs outside while you sleep
- A mesh roof provides excellent star-gazing opportunities and extra ventilation
- Roll-back fly conveniently provides extra ventilation
- Four guy ropes provide stability
- Removable fly with taped seams for weather protection
- Lightweight nylon taffeta floor with 1500 mm coating for protection
- Shock-corded aluminum poles that clip-in and pole pockets with grommets make set-up quick and easy
- Two-pole design that folds small enough to fit inside a backpack
- Lightweight aluminum frame and stakes keep weight to a minimum
- Folds compactly for easy transport and storage
- Packed inside a convenient-to-carry stuff sack
- Floor Dimensions: 90 in. x 54 in.
- Center Height: 42 in.
- Floor Area: 33.75 sq. ft.
- Vestibule Area: 9.37 sq. ft. (2)
- Packed Size: 19 in. x 5.75 in. x 5.75 in.
- Carry Weight: 5.1 lbs.
- Minimum Trail Weight: 2.1 lb.
- Sleeping Capacity: 2 people
- Tent Body Fabric: Poly Taffeta 75D
- Floor Fabric: Nylon Taffeta 70D 1500 mm
- Rainfly Fabric: Poly Taffeta 75D 1200 mm
- Mesh Fabric: Honeycomb Mesh
- Carry Bag Fabric: Poly Taffeta 75D 1200 mm
- Frame Material: Aluminum Poles
- Number of Seasons: 3
- Number of Rooms: 1
- Number of Doors: 2 on tent, 2 on vestibules
- Number of Vents: 1
- Number of Wall Pockets: 4
- Number of Poles: 2
- Number of Guy Ropes: 4
- Number of Aluminum Stakes: 12
- Average set up time: 5 minutes
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
- Assembly required. Instructions are sewn into the carry bag and can also be downloaded from the Manuals & Guides section below
- For product questions or replacement parts, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-325-4121
- Model No.: W784.1
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
2 vestibules, 2.1 lb minimum trail weight, Durable tub-style floor, Lightweight aluminum poles
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
90.00 x 54.00 x 42.00 Inches
Manuals & Guides
HAPPY CAMPING IN BACKYARD OR BACKPACKING :-)
This tent was very easy to set up in less than 10 minutes for one person. The 2 longer poles, are each held together by 9 aluminum sturdy smaller poles, connected with strong elastic. There are 12 (seven inch) aluminum stakes to help keep tent in place, but if you get 60 mph winds like we do sometimes, tying to a fence, or something secure, will help to keep it from flying away like ours almost did last year :-) There are 4 small-medium sized white mesh pockets (one in each corner), to store light things, and opening at top of tent to put electrical cord through. The care instructions say this is water repelant, but not waterproof, so might leak through a heavy rain storm. We showered the hose over for a couple minutes and didn't leak. Also says that if you leave out in direct sunlight too long, the fabric will fade and weaken, and may eventually tear from wind like ours did after leaving out for a year. I would definitely recommend this for the low price, but don't think 2 bigger people will fit comfortably (I measured 51 inches wide), especially if you're a tosser and turner :-) Very light to carry, and comes in nice orange bag with 2 smaller bags for stakes, and poles.
Lightweight Backpacking Tent
The Ozark Trail backpacking tent was easy to assemble with easy-to-follow instructions. It also included suggestions to set-up when conditions are windy. It is lightweight, just a tad over 5 pounds, a good weight to carry when backpacking and camping. The tent with its outer shell, poles, and stakes comes with a pouch, very convenient to keep everything together. The pouch with all its contents is compact not bulky. The tent is perfect for 2 people with enough room to store gear inside. I like the two zippered doors for easy access in and out of the tent. The outer shell which is placed on top provides another layer for warmth and protection from the wind.
The Ozark Trail tent arrived very quickly and was in perfect condition the tent came in a orange bag that was twenty three inches long and nineteen inches around it is very light and only weighing five point two nine pounds the material is a flame resistant but it does tell you not to use matches lighters stoves heaters grills lanterns candles cooking equipment or other fuel-burning devices inside or near the tent just keep all flame and heat sources away from this tent fabric this tent is a three season tent and we had it up in November when the day that was mild but windy the winds were twenty miles per hour and gusts at twenty five miles per hour it was a little tough hanging on to the tent during this but we wanted to see just how hard it would make it and it was not bad got more laughs then anything it took us about fifteen minutes just trying to figure it out and once you have done that it only takes about five minutes it handled the wind really well so we left it out for the day and did not get any rips tears or holes the wind we had put it to a good test for us and it passed I was kind of surprised that I could not fill more air blowing in under the rain fly and that was something that I was worried about and it being a three season tent fall does get pretty chilly but I do not plan to use a tent in any cool weather it is very comfortable and will keep bugs and things that crawl outside and off of you I think you better pull the rain fly down tight to make sure the rain does not come in I think it should have had a little larger rain fly but that is only what I think this will make a good shelter tent the tent comes with two light weight aluminum poles that are twelve and a half feet long each and are in nine sections each and they are easy to use it has twelve seven inch aluminum stakes the rain fly has Velcro to wrap around the poles to keep it snug and it does the tent measures ninety inches long by fifty four inches wide and forty two inches tall so you have nine point four square feet of space it is quite roomy inside it has two large vestibules for easy entry and exit and has the double sided zippers the Ozark Trail tent that I got is orange and white with a dark gray floor this tent will be used and enjoyed hopefully often it is a perfect tent for backpacking we like it.
Let's Hit the Trail
As a former Boy Scout and experienced hiker backpacker, I had no difficulties setting up this Ozark Trail Backpacking with Vestibules two person tent. I liked the tent poles with elastic cord which snaps all the poles in line making for easy putting up the tent and break down as well. Putting up the fly I did have difficulties getting things lined up however. This should improve on the second go around. As suggested in the instructions and general good camping advice...know your equipment. Don't good out without first practicing setting up this tent in the comfort of your back yard. I didn't like the "little" Velcro straps used to attach the fly to the tent poles. I did find the plastic hooks that attach the tent body to the tent poles very user friendly. I did not sleep in the tent (little chilly at night here in the Northeast right now) so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the vent openings in the fly. The vestibules (9.4 sq ft) gives added storage space to keep your equipment dry which is a nice touch. The tent packed weights in a little over 5 pounds. Dimensions are 90" W X 54"D X 42"H. Since I just put up the tent once I can't really rate it excellent before real field testing. However the stitching and material quality look good to go the distance with proper after care. So, Let's Hit the Trail and enjoy Nature.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question