Simply bought it to see if I could find out why my check engine light was coming on and to see if the issue was something I really needed to address immediately...Turns out it wasn't and I simply reset the check engine light and have not had an issue since. My car is old with a lot of miles on it and so I am at the point where I am picking and choosing what I actually get fixed and what will simply keep me on the road. This device will help out a lot.
OxGord OBDII Engine Scanner OBD2 Tool MS300 Direct Scan and Read Out
About This Item
With the OBDII Scan Tool MS300 from OxGord, you can easily read clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's), and turn off the check engine light (MIL) on US-based vehicles manufactured since 1996. It will also retrieve the vehicle identification number (VIN) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9.
Its compact size allows the OBDII code reader to easily fit in the palm of your hand, and with two buttons, it's incredibly simple to operate.
The device will display over 3000 generic and manufacturer specific codes on the easy to see LCD screen. You'll no longer need to spend money at the mechanic every time your check engine light comes on, and there's no need for bulky laptops or batteries; the device charges itself via the OBDII cable.
Do it yourself: The OBD2 scanner is the perfect addition to any DIY tool belt and works with most cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs on the market.
Supports OBDII protocols: SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 Kbaud), SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 Kbaud), ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init,10.4 Kbaud), ISO14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud), ISO14230-4 KWP (fast init), ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit, 500 Kbaud), ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit, 500 Kbaud), ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit, 250 Kbaud), and ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit, 250 Kbaud).
• LCD Screen
• Two buttons for easy use
• 2.3 foot long charging/syncing cable
• Displays over 3,000 codes.
• 16 PIN compatible
• Includes an instruction manual
Warranty: 1-year limited manufacturers warranty.
Please note that this device must be used with 16 PIN OBDII protocols. It doesn't work for ABS or airbags.
Please see other OxGord products to fulfill all of your auto part & accessory needs.
- SMALL SIZE: Measuring 2.75"L x 4"W x 24"H and weighing in at 8 ounces, the OBDII scan tool will comfortably fit in the palm of your hand. With a 2.3 foot long cable the OBDII tool has an extensive reach.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with most 1996 & newer US-based vehicles that are OBDII compliant (including CAN) and supports all OBDII protocols. DOES NOT work for ABS or airbags. Not only does the OBD II Scan Tool MS300 read & clear codes, it also retrieves the VIN (vehicle identification number) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support mode 9. DOES NOT work for ABS or airbags.
- EASY TO USE: Once plugged into your vehicle's 16 pin OBDII DLC, the unit will turn on and prompt you to start your ignition. This device will both read & clear generic and manufacturer error codes. Plus, it's powered by the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle, so there is no need for batteries or a charger. On most vehicles, it will plug in underneath the driver's side lower panels. With only two (2) buttons (enter/exit & scroll), it's incredibly simple to operate.
- LCD SCREEN: Incredibly easy to read, this device displays over 3000 generic error codes in the database. Once you have the code, simply perform a quick internet search for the definition. It also clears trouble codes (DTC's), turns off the check engine light (MIL), allows you to view both the freeze frame data & enabling criteria, retrieve I/M readiness status, and run the OBDII Drive Cycle.
- GUARANTEE: Includes a one (1) year limited warranty.
Made from the highest quality materials in the market
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
30.50 x 1.00 x 4.25 Inches
Tried it on 2002 Chevy Duramax pickup told me the issue same as my friend's $100+ unit . I was able to then clear the code turning off the check engine soon light. The code had to do with the K&N filter having too much oil on. It causing the MAF sensor throwing the code. Cleaning the MAF sensor dosen't clear the CES light.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.