Check out these related products
- $38.45 List price $49.95Save $11.50
- $23.20 List price $32.95Save $9.75
- $18.05 Was $32.50Save $14.45
- $20.11 Was $21.36Save $1.25
- $16.15 List price $18.95Save $2.80
- $58.14 Was $63.37Save $5.23
- $55.70 List price $90.00Save $34.30
- $45.77 List price $70.00Save $24.23
- $65.02 List price $69.99Save $4.97
- $58.14 Was $63.30Save $5.16
- $54.14 List price $65.00Save $10.86
- $31.80 List price $45.00Save $13.20
- $28.24 List price $39.99Save $11.75
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
ORIENTAL RUGS 
This monumental reference work--long awaited by collectors and scholars--fills an important gap in the available literature on oriental rugs. Lavishly illustrated with over 1000 photographs and drawings, it offers clear and precise definitions for the rug and textile terms in use across a broad swath of the globe--from Morocco to Turkey, Persia, the Caucasus region, Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and China. Covering priceless museum-quality rug traditions as well as modern centers of production, "Oriental Rugs" draws on classical scholarship as well as current terminology in use among producers and traders in these areas today. It focuses primarily on the rich hand-knotting and hand-weaving traditions of the Near East and Central Asia, but also includes some examples of Scandinavian and Native American weavings.
Rugs are receiving ever-increasing attention and recognition in the field of art history. Tribal weavings especially have become a focus for new research, and "Oriental Rugs" provides a new understanding of many distinctive traditions that were previously understudied, such as the weavings of southwest Persia, Baluchistan and Kurdistan. A concise reference, this volume is a must-have for serious collectors and scholars.
|Number of Pages:||320|
|Author:||Stone, Peter F.|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.50 x 12.25 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $4.33 Was $4.99Save $0.66
- $5.79 Was $7.72Save $1.93
- $5.09 Was $5.54Save $0.45
- $4.43 Was $6.49Save $2.06
- $5.49 List price $7.99Save $2.50
- $5.79 Was $6.15Save $0.36