About This Item
OraQuick is the first FDA-approved oral swab in-home test for HIV-1 and HIV-2. It's an oral swab test that doesn't require blood. It's completely private. And it's based on the same HIV test that healthcare professionals have used since 2004. With the OraQuick In-Home HIV Test, you can take the first step toward learning your HIV status. Find out in just 20 minutes in the comfort and privacy of your own home. The results are completely confidential.OraQuick is painless. It uses an oral swab to test for your body's response to fighting the HIV virus. No blood required. Healthcare professionals have used oral tests for HIV since 2004.
OraQuick In-Home HIV Test:
- Provides a way to regularly test for HIV
- Testing on a regular basis is important to help stop the spread of HIV and AIDS
- 99.9% accurate in people not infected with HIV
- 91.7% accurate in people infected with HIV
- OraQuick AIDS test is used in health clinics, doctor's offices and hospitals
- Oral swab-based test; does not require blood
- INSTRUCTIONS: Use only as an oral test. Do not use this test with blood, plasma, semen, vaginal fluid, urine, sweat, or breast milk. Use this test only as directed.
- When should I use this test?
- This test can detect HIV infection if used 3 months after a risk event. Using this test earlier than 3 months since a risk event may not produce an accurate result.
- If you test within the first 3 months, you should test again 3 months after the risk event. A 'risk event' is defined by any of the below list of activities: sex (vaginal, oral or anal) with multiple sex partners; sex with someone who is HIV positive or whose HIV status you don't know; sex between a man and another man; using illegal injected drugs or steroids; shared needles or syringes; exchanged sex for money; having been diagnosed or treated for hepatitis, tuberculosis or a sexually transmitted disease like syphilis.
- You can also use this test if you want to know your HIV status; if you are pregnant, test anytime; if you are age 17 or older.
- When should I not use this test?
- Most people feel a little bit anxious when taking an HIV test. But, if you feel very anxious about taking the test, you may want to wait until you are calmer to take it, or get tested by your doctor or local clinic.
- To make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV.
- If the tamper-evident seal has been broken or if any of the package contents are missing, broken, or have been opened.
- If you are HIV positive, or are on treatment or preventative treatment for HIV, this test is not meant for you.
- If today is after the expiration date on the outside of the box.
- If you are age 16 or younger.
- Store at 36 - 80 degrees F (2-27 degrees C).
Health Concern: HIV
Keep out of reach of children.
Ingredients: Nutrition Facts Calories : 0 Calories From Fat : 0 Calories From Saturated Fat : 0 Calories2 : 0 Calories from Fat 2 : 0 Calories From Saturated Fat2 : 0
Instructions: Use only as an oral test. Do not use this test with blood, plasma, semen, vaginal fluid, urine, sweat, or breast milk.
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
6.47 x 2.17 x 7.35 Inches