Check out these related products
- $14.62 List price $17.00Save $2.38
- $15.23 List price $17.95Save $2.72
- $17.28 List price $20.95Save $3.67
- $17.07 List price $20.00Save $2.93
- $20.40 List price $30.00Save $9.60
- $62.33 List price $69.95Save $7.62
- $67.36 List price $82.95Save $15.59
- $11.51 List price $14.95Save $3.44
- $47.36 List price $49.95Save $2.59
- $202.52 List price $216.00Save $13.48
- $65.83 List price $69.95Save $4.12
- $114.23 Was $123.36Save $9.13
Consider these popular products
- $59.10 List price $82.95Save $23.85
- $24.28 List price $54.99Save $30.71
- $117.00 List price $144.00Save $27.00
- $96.15 List price $133.00Save $36.85
- $62.06 List price $104.00Save $41.94
- $35.33 List price $41.95Save $6.62
- $20.84 List price $34.99Save $14.15
- $59.43 List price $74.95Save $15.52
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Pocket Books, 2013, ISBN13 9781476726298, ISBN10 1476726299
An epic story told by a unique voice in Ameri-can medicine, One Doctor describes life-changing experiences in the career of a distinguished physi-cian. In riveting first-person prose, Dr. Brendan Reilly takes us to the front lines of medicine today. Whipsawed by daily crises and frustra-tions, Reilly must deal with several daunting challenges simultaneously: the extraordinary patients under his care on the teeming wards of a renowned teaching hospital; the life-threatening illnesses of both of his ninety-year-old parents; and the tragic memory of a cold case from long ago that haunts him still. As Reilly's patients and their families survive close calls, struggle with heartrending decisions, and confront the limits of medicine's power to cure, One Doctor lays bare a fragmented, depersonal-ized, business-driven health-care system where real caring is hard to find. Every day, Reilly sees patients who fall through the cracks and suffer harm because they lack one doctor who knows them well and relentlessly advocates for their best interests.
Filled with fascinating characters in New York City and rural New England--people with dark secrets, mysterious illnesses, impos-sible dreams, and many kinds of courage--One Doctor tells their stories with sensitivity and empathy, reminding us of professional values once held dear by all physicians. But medicine has changed enormously during Reilly's career, for both better and worse, and One Doctor is a cautionary tale about those changes. It is also a hopeful, inspiring account of medicine's poten-tial to improve people's lives, Reilly's quest to understand the "truth" about doctoring, and a moving testament to the difference one doctor can make.
|Number of Pages:||448|
|Author:||Reilly, Brendan, M.D.|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.