Customers also viewed these products
- $6.34 Was $8.99Save $2.65
- $72.49 Was $76.31Save $3.82
Nursing Drug Handbook 2014
Consider these popular products
- $41.96 Was $48.42Save $6.46
- $62.06 List price $104.00Save $41.94
- $24.82 Was $28.56Save $3.74
- $9.38 List price $12.99Save $3.61
- $23.90 List price $54.99Save $31.09
- $35.14 List price $40.95Save $5.81
- $18.64 List price $22.99Save $4.35
- $12.64 Was $14.45Save $1.81
- $9.03 List price $15.99Save $6.96
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Find complete monographs for more than 900 generic and nearly 3,000 trade drugs--including essential details on 31 NEW drugs--with important nursing considerations for each and every one in the 34th edition of the "Nursing2014 Drug Handbook."
The best-selling, original drug handbook for nurses features consistently formatted entries for ease of use that focus on the practical information that nurses need. Each monograph consists of generic and trade names, pronunciation key, pregnancy risk category, pharmacologic class, controlled substance schedule (if applicable), available forms & indications and dosages, administration (with drug incompatibilities for I.V. drugs), action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life), adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications, nursing considerations, and patient teaching.
You can also count on "Nursing2014 Drug Handbook" to tell you unapproved, off-label drug uses so you'll always know why a drug is prescribed. And, this year, be a more confident nurse with fingertip access to ...
- 31 NEW FDA-approved drugs
- NEW complete monographs on combination drugs
- NEW 31 new patient-teaching handouts added to the WebToolkit
- NEW safety information: Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS)
- NEW Indication & Dosage Appendices--Antidotes; Biologics and blood derivatives
- Updated therapeutic and pharmacologic class categories
With the safeguards you'll find only in the "Nursing2014 Drug Handbook, " it's easier than ever to stay current on the 3,209 latest changes to drug information and to avoid even the most common medication errors:
- Adjust-a-dose feature for dosage adjustments needed by special populations
- Administration guidelines for all appropriate routes
- Expanded full-color pill guide containing more drug images than in any previous edition
- Increased coverage of adverse reactions Includes those that occur with 1% & greater frequency, with special emphasis on life-threatening adverse reactions
- Chapters on drug classes, drug safety, drug interactions, and drug therapy across the lifespan
- Combination drug section
- Elder care medication tips and pediatric drug-error information in appendices
- Evidence-based off-label indications and dosages
- FDA Black Box Warnings in appropriate drug monographs
- Interactions by Drug-drug, Drug-food, Drug-lab tests, Drug-alternative therapy clearly identified
- Less Commonly Used Drugs appendix provides essential information, including indications and dosages for very infrequently used drugs
- Overdose signs & symptoms, where appropriate
- Robust Web Toolkit with hundreds of tools and resources, including monthly drug updates, warnings, and news capsules
- Safe Drug Administration chapter focuses on the most current guidelines, ISMP initiatives, and contemporary patient safety issues, such as REMS
- Safety alert icon for potentially toxic drugs, I.V. drug incompatibility, dialyzable drugs, toxic drug-drug interactions, and much more.
|Series Title:||NURSING DRUG HANDBOOK|
|Number of Pages:||1590|
|Author:||Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
|Publication Date:||May, 2013|
|Publisher:||Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.