No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden: The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
- $21.98 List price $29.95Save $7.97
- $16.03 List price $17.99Save $1.96
- $39.95 Was $98.96Save $59.01
- $8.09 List price $10.99Save $2.90
- $10.99 Was $13.17Save $2.18
- $6.25 Was $8.34Save $2.09
- $15.65 List price $16.99Save $1.34
- $33.19 List price $44.95Save $11.76
- $12.70 Was $17.17Save $4.47
- $17.36 Was $18.46Save $1.10
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Penguin Group USA, 2012, ISBN13 9780525953722, ISBN10 0525953728
For the first time anywhere, the first-person account of the planning and execution of the Bin Laden raid from a Navy Seal who confronted the terrorist mastermind and witnessed his final moment
From the streets of Iraq to the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in the Indian Ocean, and from the mountaintops of Afghanistan to the third floor of Osama Bin Laden's compound, operator Mark Owen of the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group -- commonly known as SEAL Team Six -- has been a part of some of the most memorable special operations in history, as well as countless missions that never made headlines.
No Easy Day" puts readers alongside Owen and the other handpicked members of the twenty-four-man team as they train for the biggest mission of their lives. The blow-by-blow narrative of the assault, beginning with the helicopter crash that could have ended Owen's life straight through to the radio call confirming Bin Laden's death, is an essential piece of modern history.
In N"o Easy Day," Owen also takes readers onto the field of battle in America's ongoing War on Terror and details the selection and training process for one of the most elite units in the military. Owen's story draws on his youth in Alaska and describes the SEALs' quest to challenge themselves at the highest levels of physical and mental endurance. With boots-on-the-ground detail, Owen describes numerous previously unreported missions that illustrate the life and work of a SEAL and the evolution of the team after the events of September 11. In telling the true story of the SEALs whose talents, skills, experiences, and exceptional sacrifices led to one of the greatest victories in the War on Terror, Mark Owen honors the men who risk everything for our country, and he leaves readers with a deep understanding of the warriors who keep America safe.
|Number of Pages:||316|
|Author:||Owen, Mark , Maurer, Kevin|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||September, 2012|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.75 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- yesby Phoebie11/12/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Didn't read book myself, it was a gift. But, I did see the interview on "60 Minutes" with the Navy Seal who was in this operation. It was a very interesting story. I think if the 16 year old plans on being in the service it would be a good book for them to read. My understanding is that it's a matter-of-fact account of what happened which would show this kid what the reality of the military is sometimes.by An anonymous customer11/12/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $13.67 Was $14.65Save $0.98
- $17.11 Was $18.79Save $1.68
- $9.99 Was $10.56Save $0.57
- $15.82 List price $28.00Save $12.18