Nix Creme Rinse & Nit Removal Comb Lice Treatment, 2 oz
About this item
About this item
Nix Creme Rinse &
- Nit Removal Comb Lice Treatment:
- Kills lice and nits in a single application
- Prevents reinfestation for 14 days
- Full prescription strength
- Approved for use on children over two months old
- Kills lice and nits in a single applicationPrevents reinfestation for 14 daysFull prescription strength
Inactive Ingredients: Balsam canada, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, FD&C yellow no. 6, fragrance, hydrolyzed animal protein, hydroxyethylcellulose, polyoxyethylene 10 cetyl ether, propylene glycol, stearalkonium chloride, water, isopropyl alcohol 5.6 g (20%), methylparaben 56 mg (0.2%), And propylparaben 22 mg (0.08%).
Active Ingredients: Permethrin 280 mg (1%)
Instructions: Treat: wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of nix. Rinse with water. Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet. Shake the bottle of nix well. Completely saturate the hair And scalp with nix. Begin to apply nix behind the ears And at the back of the neck. Keep nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel. Leave nix on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer. Rinse with warm water. Towel dry hair And comb out tangles. If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given. Remove lice And nits: remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out. Use the nit comb provided And make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits. If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water. Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours). Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked. With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible And comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair. Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits. Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue And throw away. The tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back. After combing, recheck the entire head for nits And repeat combing if necessary. Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed.
Explore this item
Active Ingredient Purpose
- For external use only.
- Do not use On children under 2 months of age, near the eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina, on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have Allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
- When using this productKeep eyes tightly closed And protect eyes with a washcloth or towel. If product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water. Scalp itching or redness may occur.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if Breathing difficulty occurs, eye irritation occurs, skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs.
- Read all the directions in the consumer information insert And warnings before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information. Store at 20 to 25c (68 to 77f).
- Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.