Spent a lot of time reading online about sizing bikes for a child who is learning to ride. I am no expert by any means but found lots of great sites explaining the key designs to the best beginner bikes. Brands such as Woom, Islabike, Guardian, Pello etc. have perfected low weight, long wheel base/top bar, narrow q factor bikes to make learning to ride easier for little ones. Unfortunately they also cost 3x the price of this bike. Again, I am not an expert cyclist nor do I have personal experience with those nicer and pricey brands to give first hand comparisons. Thus the following comparisons are based on published specs and components. While this NiceC bike isn't on the level of those top brands in quality and build it does appear the NiceC offers quite a bit for what it costs. In fact I was not able to find any other new 16" bike in the price range that even came with handbrakes or was under 20 lbs, much less both (although lack of the coaster brake likely is a large part of lower weight). I purchased 2 of these 16" bikes for twins that will be turning 6 in another month. My son is 46 lbs and 46.5 inches tall. He has an inseam of ~19 inches. His sister is 47 lbs and 47.5 inches tall with an inseam of 20". Neither is able to ride without training wheels, my son has lots of balance bike practice while my daughter has mostly practiced on training wheels. After learning more about sizing, I was very tempted to return at least my daughters NiceC to purchase a larger bike. They really both are on the large size for these 16" bikes however since they still don't ride without training wheels I have decided to keep them for this season (will explain rationale in greater detail below). Doing this knowing next season they will be ready for 20" bikes if pedaling without training wheels this year. I figure I can recoup some of the cost in selling the NiceC next year and will keep the boys bike for our current 15 month old for when he is big enough.
About This Item
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL & ULTRALIGHTWEIGHT â Made from magnesium alloy metal, this lightweight frame is heavy duty and has high strength yet more elastic than aluminum. Weighing only 18.5 lbs. this bike is one of the lightest bikes you can find for your kids. Lightweight bike also means that you kids will be safe from any serious injury in case your kids accidentally fall over the bike.
- ONE PIECE FRAME â Zero welding single piece frame add longevity to this BMX bike and makes it from stronger and durable than competitors. One-piece frame also means that your child will be safer from broken bicycle frame accidents. CREATE YOUR BIKE â Every bike comes with one page of bonus sticker. Let your kids made their unique bike.
- EXTRA THICK TIRES & TRAINING WHEELS â Thick tires on our kids BMX bike will make this bike run smooth on any surface and multiple rubber layers provide better shock absorption and enhances tireâs life. With enhanced tire life, you donât need to spend on this childrenâs bike again. Our BMX toddler bike comes complete with a set of training wheels included. Now you donât need to spend extra money on buying yourself a set of training wheels.
- DUAL BRAKE SYSTEM â unlike our competitors, our BMX bike has dual braking system, the traditional v-brake coupled with disc brake for the rear wheel. Dual braking system makes braking smooth and efficient.
- THREE-MONTH WARRANTY âYour satisfaction is our utmost priority and that is why we make sure that every product you receive from us made from high quality raw materials and is defect free. Our BMX bike comes with three-month warranty for manufacturing defects. Your purchase from us is totally risk free. Please contact us once you find a product received has failed your expectation, our customer service will try our best to respond to your satisfaction.
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Customer reviews & ratings
Great value - Good First Bike - Good quality
Good design, can improve quality
Overall it is a great beginner cycles, pretty lightweight and smooth to ride. My 2 key complaints are: 1. Seat keeps slipping down, this is despite trying to tighten it repeatedly. 2. The handlebar also tends to get out of alignment easily. I have tried to tighten it as much as I can.
- Value for money
great (lightweight) bike
bike is lightweight compared to similar bicycles. Seat height adjustment is easy to use with a quick-release lever. Rear wheel disc-brake is a great feature not seen on similar priced children's bicycles. Purchased 16" wheel version for a 5 year old of normal height for the age, so the bike allows room to grow for a year or so.
Very poorly made, especially for the price. I was extremely disappointed. The pedals kept coming off and we had to use thread tape to fix. Not worth the cost, especially since its 2x a typical bike.
Item arrived late which was my daughters birthday gift. The box was torn and damaged upon arrival and the bike had bounced around during transit resulting in two paint chips on the main frame. Assembly instructions are horrible, so I resorted to YouTube for help. All and all a huge disappointment.
- As a gift
- Value for money
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question