About this item
About this item
Strong language skills form the foundation of all language arts skills. Get students on the right track by developing and improving language skills. This will lead to greater confidence, reduced test anxiety, and will allow students to excel on all reading comprehension and writing tasks.
This book will develop the language skills described in the Common Core Learning Standards. It includes revising and editing exercises that require students to apply language skills, as well as quizzes that focus on the specific language skills that students are expected to have.
This book has been specifically created to match the new Common Core Learning Standards. It provides full coverage of the standards, and will develop all the language skills that students need. This strong foundation will help ensure that students perform well on all reading and writing tasks, including those on the English Language Arts state test.
- Develops the language skills described in the Common Core Language standards
- Individual quizzes allow students to focus specifically on each language skill
- Quizzes cover areas including phonics, word analysis, grammar, writing conventions, and vocabulary
- Editing and revising tasks give students the opportunity to apply language skills
- Quizzes also cover the Foundational Skills listed in the Common Core Reading standards
- Quizzes also cover the editing and revising standard listed in the Common Core Writing standards
- Provides a strong foundation for the reading comprehension and writing skills assessed on the English Language Arts state test
- Develops the strong language skills that allow students to perform above average on writing tasks
About the Common Core Learning Standards
The state of New York has adopted the Common Core Learning Standards. These standards describe what students are expected to know, and student learning throughout the year is based on the content of these standards. The English Language Arts standards are divided into the following areas: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language.
This book focuses specifically on developing and applying the Language standards. However, this also overlaps with all other areas, as language skills are essential for effective reading comprehension, speaking, listening, and writing.
|Number of Pages:||102|
|Publisher:||Createspace Independent Pub|
|Publication Date:||February, 2013|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.00 x 10.00 x 0.23 Inches|
Ask a question