Customers also viewed these products
- $12.67 List price $14.95Save $2.28
- $203.51 List price $264.95Save $61.44
- $12.95 List price $17.95Save $5.00
- $22.94 Was $26.63Save $3.69
- $17.90 Was $19.05Save $1.15
- $13.91 Was $15.48Save $1.57
- $152.68 Was $172.84Save $20.16
- $19.56 Was $21.47Save $1.91
- $18.00 List price $22.75Save $4.75
Check out these related products
- $24.33 List price $29.99Save $5.66
- $8.00 List price $12.95Save $4.95
- $11.99 List price $14.95Save $2.96
- $9.93 List price $12.00Save $2.07
- $13.90 List price $14.99Save $1.09
- $12.43 List price $14.99Save $2.56
- $10.20 Was $14.95Save $4.75
- $19.99 List price $24.99Save $5.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Winner of the Japan Mystery Writers Award, "Naoko" is a black comedy of hidden minds and lives. Navigating the interstices between the real and the unreal with perfect plot twists, this page-turner is also a critique of gender relations by a male Japanese writer, one of their best-sellng.
An everyman, Heisuke works hard at a factory job to provide for his wife, Naoko, and young daughter, Monami. He takes pleasure from the small things, like breakfast with both of them after a night shift. His placid life is rocked when, looking up from his microwave dinner one evening, he realizes the TV news that he wasn't paying attention to is reporting a catastrophic bus accident and the names of his loved ones.
When Monami finally wakes from a coma, she seems to think she's Naoko, who has died protecting her daughter. More disturbingly, the girl knows things only Naoko could know. The family life that resumes between the modest man and a companion who looks like his daughter bu seems like his dead wife is ticklish-funny until it begins hurtling toward a soul-shattering end.
In addition to winning Japan's top mystery prize, "Naoko" inspired a blockbuster movie. Read this work, a match for the later Bunuel, to find out why Higashino is considered the most ambitious and versatile mystery hand at work in Japan.
|Number of Pages:||282|
|Subject:||FICTION_MYSTERY & DETECTIVE_GENERAL|
|Author:||Yasar, Kerim , Higashino, Keigo|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.99 List price $18.00Save $7.01
- $7.34 Was $9.99Save $2.65
- $19.32 List price $28.99Save $9.67
- $7.49 List price $9.99Save $2.50
- $8.41 Was $11.04Save $2.63
- $19.03 List price $26.99Save $7.96