I bought this 2 device Orbi system (router + 1 satellite) for our condo after I had installed a 3 device Orbi system (router + 2 satellites) in our main home. After getting the unit set up on our Xfinity network, we tested the speed on speedtest.net. Download was 198.28 Mbps and upload was 11.44, which is over 5 times as fast as the default Xfinity wifi.
NETGEAR Orbi AC3000 Mesh WiFi System, Up to 5,000 Square Feet (RBK50-100NAS)
Arrives by Monday, Jul 13
About This Item
Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System:
- FAST WHOLE HOME WIFI SYSTEM - Covers up to 5000 square feet with high performance WiFi, kit includes WiFi router and Satellites
- TRI-BAND TECHNOLOGY - Unlike other WiFi sets that lose speed as you add devices, Orbi routers maintain data flow for your connected devices using a dedicated backhaul connection
- SINGLE WIFI NETWORK NAME - Provides seamless room-to-room roaming throughout your home
- QUICK & EASY SETUP - No need to create new accounts; just download the Orbi app, plug in your system, and follow the instructions on your PC, Mac or mobile device to get your house on the net
- GUEST NETWORK - Easily set up a separate and secure WiFi network for visitors and guests to use; the perfect web gear combo for movie streaming and gaming sessions with friends and family
- Use the Orbi app or any web browser to create secure whole home WiFi in minutes. No accounts to create or personal information needed to setup.
- COMPATIBLE WITH AMAZON ECHO/ALEXA - Control your home network using voice commands. Now includes Circle with Disney Smart Parental Controls - Manage your family's access to the internet by device, app, or website
- NETGEAR Armor - Built-in anti-virus and data theft protection for all of your smartphones and computers. Protects your connected home from internet threats. Included trial covers unlimited devices.
- One (1) Orbi Router (RBR50)
- One (1) Orbi Satellite (RBS50)
- One (1) 2m Ethernet cable
- Two (2) 12V/3.5A power adapters
- Quick start guide
Explore this item
Supported Networking Standards
|Assembled Product Weight|
Country of Origin - Components
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Country of Origin - Assembly
You are viewing
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System - Simple setup, Wireless router replacement, no WiFi dead zones, Up to 5000 sqft, 2pk (RBK50)
|1 Year Warranty|
|USA and Imported|
LAN: 4 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; WAN: 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; 1 x USB 2.0
Manuals & Guides
Fastest WiFi system I've ever used
Improved coverage and speed
I purchased the new router to assist with my internet speed and coverage in my home. It has improved both considerably. Recommend this product, it was also very easy to install.
this was a big upgrade from my other wireless router. it is super fast and reliable. i would recomend this router if your in the market for one. my older (7 yrs) hp laptop is much faster than before.
Finally, something that works
Up to this point, I've tried multiple range extenders. Have use Netgear extenders, Linksys extenders, with only limited success at best. I would have frequent signal drops, and I would have to do multiple device reboots to re-establish a signal.
The orbi is the first one that I've personally used that simply works. No more dropped signals, no more device reboots. Plus the coverage is exceptional.
The one thing I would caution about would be the location of the satellite. I had it in my first chosen location and I received a blue ring that indicated perfect connection. Yet, I still experienced a few minor issues. That's when I noticed on the orbi app on my phone that the satellite was showing an orange dot instead of a green dot. I Now understand that had something to do with what they call the back hall. I simply repositioned the satellite a little closer to the router, checked the app, found that the satellite now had a Green Dot, and everything's been good since.
Again, all I can say is, this is the first extender I've used that has delivered as promised.
Picked this little badboy up to upgrade from an apple router. The Covid 19 caused everyone to be home more often, and the old router would not cut it any more. After 1 month of research and the opinion of an IT professional (also a good friend), decided on the rbk50. Setup was a breeze, got a wall mount and away we go. Here we are about 1 wk later, there are about 30 devices connected, as well as 12 more from the guest set up and for once i am getting the speeds i pay for, as well as no matter where you go in the 4000 square foot home, there is coverage with consistent speeds. I highly recommend, if you are in need of an upgrade and need whole house coverage.
Great Product - Worth it
Before this system, I had a router and extender. My wifi goes in and out several times a day. I thought the issue was with the ISP. Finally, I decided to switch from traditional Wifi to mesh technology. It was an eye opener to me, my internet speed reached peak point of our ISP's bandwidth and so does the internet stay alive.
Very easy set-up. Signal improvement is significant.
Not as advertised. Not in original packaging.
This did not say it was refurbished or that it would not come in original packaging. It came in a USPS box, no original box, tape seemed like it was previously opened. I have it hooked up, but the blue lights on top of both pieces doesn?t stay lit after the initial setup. Not sure if they are supposed to because there?s no user manual just a quick guide to setup. Which you do online. As far as coverage, yes it does make it easier to get covered in my whole house, is it faster, no. Can I watch a video on FB, no. But living in a rural area with crappy ISP, some of that is on them.
Be careful buying this. It doesn't work with the NETGEAR - Orbi AX6000 Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (2-pack). Netgear support told me that the outdoor satellite is still under development for the 6000. It works fine, as far as I understand from support, with less powerful Orbis. Netgear really does need to make this distinction in how it markets the outdoor satellite system. Very dishonest marketing. Instead, I was faced with sitting online for over three hours to hear some dude tell me that it doesn't connect with the 6000. Jesus. Do they think I'm stupid. Had they marketed the device properly, I never would have purchased it.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question